Flat bar or the riser bar I have? Confused!!

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
I am just putting the bike together but have an XLite XC riser handlebar.
I like the way it feels but can't but help and wonder whether a flat bar would probably suit the bike more (considering the stem) or look better?

So what do you reckon? leave it as it is? or source a flat handlebar?
{Personal comfort is not an issue as Im happy with both styles of bar.

I've included a pic of a similar bike from a RSP catalogue (with flat bar) another later catalogue model, and Bikemeister2000's version for comparison.

if so - what flat bar should I go for?

cheers

(ps. My bike hasn't been finished - hoses unsecured and no brake cables as yet fitted)

photo_copy_10.jpg

brsp0006.jpg

DSCF1277.jpg

file.php

Flat. Xlite Ti with anodised blue end caps. So there!... But what would I know!?

Lovely looking bike Btw. :cool:

saulus":1c8ny2ul said:
Flat. Xlite Ti with anodised blue end caps. So there!... But what would I know!?

Lovely looking bike Btw. :cool:
+ 1 on both counts :D Hmmm or maybe a blue pace or hyperlight ?

Cheers Paul

...though it could really do with a shorter stem if you do keep the riser; have the same dilemma with my own RSP...

...wanted the full-bounce XC look but didn't look right with the 100mm fork, but not entirely convinced I like it with the shorter fork either :oops:

Now leaning towards 100mm fork/shorter stem/riser bar combo after all...

IMO flat bar looks better on a retro but riser may add comfort (reduced wrist pressure), assuming same stem is used.
In my build i went for a modest riser but the type where the grips themselves remain parallel to the ground, which IMO looks better than grips which are angled upward. Some flexibility there in the way you mount them of course..

ibbz":15vi0l40 said:
It's 80m m fork. Btw

Yeah, trick of the light makes it look longer; look closer and you can see the stanchions are thicker than they at first appear...

...still think the riser looks better though!

Back