Klein painting

aalinia6

Dirt Disciple
Hi Chaps,
I finally got my frame back today from Martin at ETOE today after 10 weeks and no painting, £250 out of pocket later.

I am going to try out a new painter who is local to me and if it works out he will be a recommended painter but there will be some hand holding in this project.

So guys once again any help you can provide with the following would be greatly appreciated so we can make a start on this paint job.

Does anyone have the name and number of paint suppliers to match the Klein Linear fades ?
Do they have any knowledge of Klein bikes?
Are the colours neon for the Gator fade?
Are they a 3 stage colour system?
Does anyone live near littlehampton/Worthing in west sussex that has a Gator linear fade to show the painter?
Does anyone have any very clear online guides on painting Klein linear fades?

Any help would be more than appreciated following the hassle I went through with Martin at Etoe.

Thank you in advance.

I know john is the other well known but remember you've contacted him re the paint but he's booked up. I seem to remember him mentioning he had found a paint supplier?

I wonder if it's worth looking outside of the bicycle scene to some of the airbrushing painters you would normally find in the car scene should your painter not work out

Ask john first though on paint suppliers

Hi Sylus
I have found a painter who airbrushes whos work is very good, just no experiance with Klein paints or doing frames.

That is why any help with the questions above would be a great help if anyone can

Thanks.

Your best bet it to have it sprayed all white or all black in the short term and book it in with Jon and then just wait.

You'll only be disappointed all over if you go for a random with no experience. I've seen a number of frames done by other people that just look 'off' because of the lack of experience with the finer details. If someone doesn't know Kleins then they can miss the smallest thing which makes the biggest difference
Nice thing with Jon is he's a no bullshit fella with a cracking sense of humour who does things because he enjoys it and is passionate about it rather than seeing you as a pay-cheque. He spent time researching and talking to the ex-Klein painters to get things right and has set about sourcing parts and spares so that you only need to go to him. Think his long list is testament to his quality and sound approach.
I can't compare to Etoe as I neither know Martin or have seen his bikes in the flesh but you won't be disappointed with Jon.

Martin screwed me over, he got me to go with him by saying he had no waiting list, and the bike would be delivered in 8-12 weeks, week 9 I asked for an update, he then said if I don't like the time it's taking go somewhere else, and it would now take another 2-4 months. Needless to say I was extremely anoid, he then went onto to say that he's fed up or Porsche owners( meaning Klein owners) wanting him to work his arse off for a little money when he is so good but has such high overheads and that I had to get my frame out of their in 14 days.

He cost me £250 in postage, and didn't even do the frame, how people can now recommend or use him I don't know.

The guy is a complete idiot.

Thank you for the candid reply. I've been wondering why his web site seems so professional but, lacks any sort of pricing. Any professional painter I've ever dealt with has had a price list of some kind.
It's not enough to be a good painter, you have to be a stand up business man as well.
It's really disappointing to see this guy posting up threads about how great a painter he is only to start treating people like shit when he has to put his brush where his mouth is.
I'd be interested to hear Martin's(etoe) side.

It's a shame you got screwed.

I don't see how he can say 'if you don't like the time it is taking then go elsewhere' when after 9 weeks NOTHING has been done to it?

Back