Lawwill leader fork.Advice and info needed(Again?? )

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I know,i know i've looked at all the others :oops: But i cant find the info i want on the particular fork ive bought.Given who ive bought it from i reckon some here should know its history :?

From Ebay but not arrived yet.
I has cracks in the crown though tbh from the pics i cant see them being critical,probably are but till i can see for myself i think it will be fine.Might just be a matter of arresting those cracks or it could need the entire crown remade(im prepared to do this,sometimes its the only way)
As said i got it from ebay from a former member(marinman),though would like to add ,was not involved with any unpleasantness so can only really judge from personal experience.I mention the former members name because its more likely people will know the fork im talking about.Maybe its been discussed,this is the info i am looking for.

Also from our archives and general online hunting it appears many of the early ones were recalled(those they could find) I hope this is not among that number but even if it is and the crown is suspect it adds weight for the argument of having it remade in a modern high strength alloy.

Reasons for buying this particular one was purely cost and the fact ive always wanted one.Coupled with an interest in unusual forksAny further work can be spaced out so the money doesnt come as a big blow.
Which it probably will :LOL:

fork arrival Bump

Oh come on for gawds sake ,i know theres at least a dozen of these forks on here so how about some replies eh? :?

I've got a leader 3 that I had serviced by mert lawwill himself. Never used it since, waiting for the right bike but if you want or need any info, I can try and help out.

Back