My next build..........opinions please

1997BlackC5

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Looking at either a Marin East Peak 1999 or a Specialized FSR Enduro (I think around 2000). I know this is the >1997 forum but I value the opinions of the people who hang out here.......Any prefferences & reasons why I should/shouldn't on either?

Personally I'd say go for the Specialized, but that's simply because I think that full-sus Marins of that era are about as pretty as Pete Burns.

Barneyballbags":rydv7dh7 said:
Personally I'd say go for the Specialized, but that's simply because I think that full-sus Marins of that era are about as pretty as Pete Burns.
I didn't know who Pete Burns was, so I checked with Google Images..........thanks for that.....................now I have to try to get THAT image out of my head.

You'll be hearing from my therapist. :LOL:

btw, I agree that the Specialized FSR is the way to go. I definitely wanted one BITD.

one of these?

art_marin_EASTPEAK.JPG

Brilliant frames - same frame right up to the Mt. Vision. Absolutely the best 'early' full suspension design there was. Brilliant XC bike and usually only let down by the naff forks of the day.

I could wheel spin mine!

legrandefromage":v6vip8eh said:
one of these?

art_marin_EASTPEAK.JPG

Brilliant frames - same frame right up to the Mt. Vision. Absolutely the best 'early' full suspension design there was. Brilliant XC bike and usually only let down by the naff forks of the day.

I could wheel spin mine!

You're kidding right? Worst bike ever, F##king pogo stick with training wheels). Did you ever own an FSR?

trail_head":34zh8d8j said:
You're kidding right? Worst bike ever, F##king pogo stick with training wheels).

More tail wag than an Amp B3.

Well, pretty damn close to as much.

Latest posts

Back