GT Fan
Feedback
View
And tell us why you did it?

Heres one from a while ago, because I had a spare set - very zippy machine

definitely_no_yellow_105.jpg

My 503

P5110223m.jpg

As to why it's on slicks : I only ride it on roads. IMO there just isn't enough terrain here to justify off-road tyres.

Hahanna (old and Karma'd through RB)
Was a general "Go-To bike", used for commuting, general cyckling and "proper MTB" rides with a change of tires
Hannah.jpg

Kilauea (before the rebuild and new decals)
Now I have built the Cindercone, and done a custom rebuilt, this is now a dedicated XC bike, but only to save having to change tires constantly
Keiko+2.jpeg

Cindercone
Received as a Karma through RB, built as a SS exepriment (and success) due to damaged rear end and hanger, to be a dedicated road only machine. It may not be to everyones taste, but she flies with 38:11 gearing and 65psi, and cost me nowt as a parts bin special (now complete with Suntour XC levers, Chill Pills and a black Flite)
Drive+Side.jpg

Slick MTBs rule :cool:

G

1990 Marin Palisades. Converted to tourer in 1995. Been used as all kinds of things ever since. Respray and extra braze-ons for low-rider racks and guards by Chas May (deMayo).
I find drop bars more comfortable for long rides, and eventually managed to find some Magura HS77 hydraulic levers. The versatility of tyre choice means it can run anything from 1" slicks to 2" knobblies.

Attachments

• marin tourer.JPG
    marin tourer.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 3,933
My city bike

based on a nice Sunn Revolt 1998 frame in Fuji Stout Light Tubing
XTR triggers and avid arch brakes - 217 Mavic sup rims
Tyres heavy as a brick, slippery in the wet but quite confortable if not too much inflated ! In Paris , the road is not always comfortable - would you believe that there are still some cobblestones on the Champs Elysées ! covered with an uneven tarmac - probably so that the drivers decrease their speed )

Got them cheap and they are very resistant and its a bit more rolly than the knobby ones ( but the weight probably compensates that advantage !)

my first step towards a fat bike ;-)

IMG_3838.jpg

my Kona that is now split and long gone:

5572776444_287b97b489.jpg

Slicked it up for the Surrey100 ride. I quite liked it in this guise actually as it had a real skinny look to it. Alas, I don't have the same look!

At the time of the photo, I was coming back to cycling after a long break, and wanted to crank in some road miles in order to work on my fitness.

As I only had two bikes at the time and the other was my STS-2, the Zaskar got the job.

DSC_0148.jpg

Here is mine in its "urban fighter" guise. the fisher will be taking its place but not with slicks.
and by the way the mudguards I bought from tk max of all places for £4.99 the pair if anyones interested.

Attachments

• 20130213_130306 (1024x768) (800x600).jpg
    20130213_130306 (1024x768) (800x600).jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 3,882
Back