17" sirca 1992 Orange clockwork, tyre suggestion

MushNafen

Retro Newbie
just purchased a 17" sirca 1992 Orange clockwork and I am looking to change my tryes for something more usable. So I am selling my Farmer john "cousins" (on another thread) and looking for something a bit slicker / thinner walled tyres. Any suggestions keeping that retro look?

******************went with a pair of Michelin Wildgrippers (butterscotch)********************

secret_squirrel":3o559tln said:
What are you after road/commuting tyres or hard pack/ cinde/fire road type?

Looking for a cross between MTB tyres and commuting tyres i.e not 26" x 1.95's but say 26" x 1.8's or something. Maybe even a coloured tyre :D

Michelin wildgripper sprints spring to mind. You can get them fairly easily in black tread + amber wall and a little harder and pricier in green tread. I think Orange and butterscotch colours were reserved for their big brothers the normal wildgrippers.

secret_squirrel":24gd5m2t said:
Michelin wildgripper sprints spring to mind. You can get them fairly easily in black tread + amber wall and a little harder and pricier in green tread. I think Orange and butterscotch colours were reserved for their big brothers the normal wildgrippers.

Thanks for this "butterscotch" you say. Now you have got me thinking....

Ok I have decided I am looking for Michelin Wildgripper preferably in butterscotch but if good condition will take the green. Anyone got a pair?

Lol. I have just bought the most recent butterscotch pair to appear in the sale section. :) You might try posting a wanted ad in the wanted section. Be warned they may not come cheap.

Also bear in mind that I would describe the normal wildgrippers as being well into "nobbly" territory - so they will make a good sound on the road.

Specialized do/did some tyres that would fit the bill and even had amber/rust walls. Think they are called crosstrack, crossmax or sumfink like that.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back