Fake stem warning

elPedro666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Sure lots of you have seen these already but would hate to see a RetroBiker caught out by the scum peddling these potentially lethal fakes. They're easy to spot, carbon wrap 90mm, branded as Ritchey WCS and FSA and they crack.

They may well be getting sold under other brands and I think there are dodgy bar-ends as well, post them up here if you find them.

This lowlife has them regularly:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RITCHEY-WCS-C ... 20cf3f6c71

Please report any you find to ebay as they are currently doing absolutely nothing despite the obvious implications of one snapping.

They're easy to spot as the carbon wrap is only in the centre section and the steerer clamp is an ugly wedge shape thus:
KGrHqRpoF-LZ-O9QBQbn8iNiw60_1.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When did one snap? I reported that one. I dont know the differences though. The steerer clamp is normally round on these?

Yeah, the fat 'V' clamp gives them away along with the way the carbon wrap only goes around the middle.

Lad on the road section had one arrive already cracked!

I think he means late model WCS stem dude, assuming you werent taking the piss, I which case. :D

FluffyChicken":3qfld9hr said:
If you confuse that with a real WCS stem, you're doing something wrong
P1060136.jpg

:LOL:
I've put it in all sections to catch as many folks as possible, but yes, that's a pretty clear distinction... :facepalm:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hmmm, I was tempted to get one of these to go with the Superlogic bars and seatpost I have but now this has got me worried that those items are also fakes as I got them from Ebay sellers - will have to do a bit of backtracking to see if its the same guy. How do you tell unless you have a known genuine part to compare against ? The bars and seatpost I have certainly look like the genuine articles and spec wise are there too in terms of weight. I guess they're both made from carbon fibre (or recycled LPs ?) so hopefully a different material which is better even if fake rather than cheapo alloy hidden under the carbon wrap. Now not sure I want to ride with either of them ???

Back