Skip monkey !

shinobi

Senior Retro Guru
This site has turned me into a proper skip monkey !! i cant pass one without checking it out for potential retro gold :LOL:
well it may not be gold but i did find this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

it looks like it has been in a garden for years but i just could not leave it ! it has the bars and controls, the seat and post and the mechs and brakes but anything chrome has pretty much gone .there is a front wheel but i dont know if its from this , no chainset or rear wheel though.
The frame number is GP898809 so im guessing 1989 ? this is after a quick clean :D

good on you. bikes and their components can take some stick, by design. always worth rescuing what you/we can.

that spesh will build to a perfectly usable bike for somebody.

I tend to live by a get what you can , when you can philosophy. even if you can only salvage a 1" headset spacer. those build finishing odds & ends.

nice one :cool:

Thanks guys :D
found it !
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... ewsIndex=1

Im amazed at how it has survived , all threads are fine ,bottom bracket , seat post and stem all came out ok no dents or bends , plenty of scrapes and damaged decals but not bad for 25 years old !! looking at the MOMBAT LINK , cheers jimo746 ! it looks like the front wheel that was in there too is original .shame there was no rear wheel or chainset .or maybe thats just greedy lol .

cheers Paul

ahh young padawan..you need to talk to the master...legrandefromage

he's spent so much time in the dump his name is stig...and not the top gear chappy

sylus":12ki0yui said:
ahh young padawan..you need to talk to the master...legrandefromage

he's spent so much time in the dump his name is stig...and not the top gear chappy

Ha Ha ! tried the local tip but the force was not strong with me , when asked about buying stuff off the site i was met by " no mate were only allowed to sell compost " :shock:

Free bike can't complain.

Just noticed the location of the rear brake, never seen one like that before, I'm guessing it's designed for dry sunny days and not muddy winters.

Rob H":28c3gd2a said:
Free bike can't complain.

Just noticed the location of the rear brake, never seen one like that before, I'm guessing it's designed for dry sunny days and not muddy winters.
Hi , yes i guess it was a design idea from california ! it only seemed to be around for a couple of years , i have seen it on bikes from apollo and a lot of GTs of the era , im sure there are plenty of others too . :)

Back