Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:11 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:02 am 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:34 pm
Posts: 26146
Location: Moomin Valley
will my anurisim take a 9 speed cassette?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:09 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:08 am
Posts: 847
Location: French Alps/Annecy
How about a good conduct for buyers too ?

Don't dib and then say 'can you hold it until I've sold all my crap cos I don't have any money'

'I'll give you a tenner for it even though it's up for 60 quid cos I don't really need it'.

Saying 'I'll have it, give me a couple of days to get the cash', then not replying to pms

Gold traders should be refused karma items




Probably sounds a bit petty but it's quite annoying when you refuse a buyer because someone has promised to pay in the next couple of days then refuses to answer mails, you contact the other buyer who has already found another one.

I have been guilty of saying I'll take something as soon as I get paid by someone else, when that person lets you down you look like a twat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:29 pm 
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:36 am
Posts: 4715
Location: Burlington, ON Canada
They should sticky this thread.



Right above the sticky'd "What's my XYZ worth?" thread.

[/sarcasm]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:23 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:48 am
Posts: 6974
Location: Bristle
B77 wrote:
How about a good conduct for buyers too ?

Don't dib and then say 'can you hold it until I've sold all my crap cos I don't have any money'

'I'll give you a tenner for it even though it's up for 60 quid cos I don't really need it'.

Saying 'I'll have it, give me a couple of days to get the cash', then not replying to pms

Gold traders should be refused karma items




Probably sounds a bit petty but it's quite annoying when you refuse a buyer because someone has promised to pay in the next couple of days then refuses to answer mails, you contact the other buyer who has already found another one.

I have been guilty of saying I'll take something as soon as I get paid by someone else, when that person lets you down you look like a twat.



Why should gold traders be refused karma items?

I will say though, you should only take a karma item if you have an immediate use for it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:07 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:08 am
Posts: 847
Location: French Alps/Annecy
Dunno, maybe it's just me but the word 'trader'......like I said it probably sounds petty.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:09 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:48 am
Posts: 6974
Location: Bristle
B77 wrote:
Dunno, maybe it's just me but the word 'trader'......like I said it probably sounds petty.



All gold trader means is that you have done more than 30 good transactions on here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:16 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:51 pm
Posts: 2277
Location: Llantwit Major
[quote="B77"]
Gold traders should be refused karma items
[quote]


I don't think that the gold traders should be refused Karma items. I think that to make it fairer there should be more of the raffles. I've been on the end of some good Karma and am very thankful for it. But the people (like myself) who spend most of the working day on here tend to benefit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:19 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:08 am
Posts: 847
Location: French Alps/Annecy
cce wrote:
B77 wrote:
Dunno, maybe it's just me but the word 'trader'......like I said it probably sounds petty.



All gold trader means is that you have done more than 30 good transactions on here.





Ah ha, I didn't know that, then I retract my previous statement unequivocably, some other sites I visit have professional traders on them. Trader just sounds like money is being made (yes I know it's laughable and no one really retires on retrobike sales) it's just the image the word conjures up.

Maybe Gold Members ? ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jakob, jonthefish, MatBH5, old_coyote_pedaller and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group