What bike is this (Parkpre I think)

hulsty

Retro Newbie
G'day, I recently ended up here searching for info on my older mountain bike, I bought it as a frame only off ebay about 7 years ago as a "Parkpre" searching I found lots of info pics here, but none look like mine, the rear drops outs on mine are different to all the pics I have found, anyone know what it could be, a Parkpre or something else? The frame is nice, well made and great fun to ride, head angle is fairly slack and overall short, not the original paint on it either.

This is the only pic I have at the moment, can get more if needed and of the current spec.

post004-1.jpg

From my meagre knowledge of ParkPre I'd suggest that they're usually long and steep, so that's not promising! Think the alu model was called the Sceptre if that helps your searching. There are in innumerable generic alu frames out there, many of them good quality and sold under a hundred different names (Merlin and Claude Butler spring to mind as ones to check out for similarities). Sounds like you got a good one anyway :cool:

Parkpre's Alu frame was called the Pro Image (I'm not sure whether they did another one or not), but the dropouts, mech hanger and seatstay brace would suggest that it's not one of those.

Here's one, for reference (click link):

viewtopic.php?t=172383/

Looks like a Parkpre Alu-Max/Sport/Team (depending on the original spec) to me.

parkpre pro image.

do i get a sausage

Attachments

• ParkPre_1.jpg
    ParkPre_1.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 433
  • ParkPre_2.jpg
    ParkPre_2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 431
And we have a winner!! Looks like they were a nicely specced bike back in the day, what year are they ?

Must be a very late one 97 - 98. The last of the Parkpre USA made bikes. The Pro Image pictured has a triangular downtube - I'm still sticking with it being an ALU-MAX.

REKIBorter":cf2s61zj said:
Must be a very late one 97 - 98. The last of the Parkpre USA made bikes. The Pro Image pictured has a triangular downtube - I'm still sticking with it being an ALU-MAX.

I haven't a clue really, it was your conviction that it was a parkpre made me have a look, youre not often wrong on all things parkpre

Back