98 rockhopper ritchey tubes...shall i build it? yes i will!!

zetecmk2

Senior Retro Guru
hello people in my computer :D
i won this frame on ebay for 99p as it had an aluminium seat post stuck in it for 10 yrs, the owner cut it flush with the top of the seat tube...then listed it.
i won it about 3 yrs ago...looked at it, and chucked it to the back of the shed!!
well, yesterday, i decided to take it to work and try and remove the seatpost. i didn't have any caustic, so i started cutting two slots down the post, about 5mm apart with a whole hacksaw blade in an airsaw......i was waiting for laquer to dry so thought i'd see what happened.....anyway, i removed the central slither, drilled the bb shell and drifted the offending remains of the post out :D
2013-01-24212107.jpg

2013-01-24212054.jpg

i've just done a search on here, and it seems the frame is quite nice :shock:
2013-01-24211904.jpg

2013-01-24211920.jpg

so......what now? chuck it? build a pub bike using tat i have lying around? restore it, which means i need a paint code and decals? or build a single speed lightweight budget build with lots of drilled out tat?

you decide!!! :cool:

who does decals for these? not vinyl cut, but like original, that can be laquered over? can i get the stay decals?

SWMBO's Stumphopper...

GEDC0215.jpg

...when the weather improves I'll post some photo's of the finished bike :cool:

(After I've swapped the Sugino Impel cranks out for the pink ano ones I couldn't resist!)

I was lucky enough to stumble upon some NOS Specialized decals, from the days when they would sell them direct, on an auction site...

...had to have them :cool:

well...after seeing the stumphopper, i started building a bike i don't need
:oops:
i removed the rack mounts, filled the dents, then started to smooth the welds. this was todays "waiting for paint to dry" project.
i also found a split under the o/s rear brake boss, so i welded that up :D
i got right into it...so much that i forgot about band rehersal...until an irate vocalist phoned me!!! i shall do some more tomorrow :LOL:
2013-01-25172530.jpg

2013-01-25172505.jpg

2013-01-25172518.jpg

Back