Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:11 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:54 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:53 pm
Posts: 2981
Location: Super Sussex by the Sea
You could look at alternative storage solutions...


Attachments:
bikewall.jpg
bikewall.jpg [ 137.78 KiB | Viewed 241 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:28 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:51 pm
Posts: 1719
Location: Midlands
You need to sell me the Yo Eddy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:13 am 
Pumpy's Bear
Pumpy's Bear
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:03 pm
Posts: 8145
Location: Hereford
clunker wrote:
You need to sell me the Yo Eddy.


Yo = Mudhoney. Discuss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:31 am 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 11:03 am
Posts: 18212
Location: Sunny Glasgow
Create piles
Pile A - Bikes you wish to keep
Pile B - Bikes you wish to sell

Pile A will eventually fill up
Pile B will remain empty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:54 am 
Pumpy's Bear
Pumpy's Bear
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:03 pm
Posts: 8145
Location: Hereford
The weekend, so I open the shed door in daylight and the folly of my bicycles faces me anew (note: to describe them as an eclectic collection is generous, grabbed together in a frenzy of "ooh, shiney" is more accurate). I need to approach the dilemma with a cold, bright heart - ones least ridden need to be the first out of the door which means that the cull should be, in order:

Master
XLM
Yo

But can I, will I.......


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:52 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am
Posts: 5663
Location: Don't mess with monkeys, man
ededwards wrote:
The weekend, so I open the shed door in daylight and the folly of my bicycles faces me anew (note: to describe them as an eclectic collection is generous, grabbed together in a frenzy of "ooh, shiney" is more accurate). I need to approach the dilemma with a cold, bright heart - ones least ridden need to be the first out of the door which means that the cull should be, in order:

Master
XLM
Yo

But can I, will I.......

It's more manly to get a bigger shed.

In fact - yes, I'm going to go there - it's even more zen. Yes, I get it, the cliche, is that getting rid of things you don't need would be more zen, but that's just the cliche. Trust me, bigger shed, more zen.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:19 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 6844
Location: Nth Somerset, UK
Neil wrote:
In fact - yes, I'm going to go there - it's even more zen. Yes, I get it, the cliche, is that getting rid of things you don't need would be more zen, but that's just the cliche. Trust me, bigger shed, more zen.


Ahh but a wise Zen Master once said "Never own anything you would not be happy to leave behind".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:17 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am
Posts: 5663
Location: Don't mess with monkeys, man
NeilM wrote:
Neil wrote:
In fact - yes, I'm going to go there - it's even more zen. Yes, I get it, the cliche, is that getting rid of things you don't need would be more zen, but that's just the cliche. Trust me, bigger shed, more zen.

Ahh but a wise Zen Master once said "Never own anything you would not be happy to leave behind".

Yebbut that's just Zen for Dummies.

I'm talking about advanced zen - you'll notice I haven't gone on to mention motorcycle mechanics, wasn't going to dive into that bastard-love-child.

I'm talking about the real zen-li-ness, that is the, if you will - zen-of-the-retrobike. And believe me, there's no fecking way that, advanced, guru-ish, zen-ness, has anything, whatsoever, not even on the 3rd Sunday of every month, to do with getting rid of bikes.

No sirree bob...

There, said it. Wasn't going to - didn't really want to have to - but I have done all the same.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:23 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 6844
Location: Nth Somerset, UK
Ahh, quite so.

I bow to your superior enlightenment.




So, where does a double garage figure on the BIG ZEN scale?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:05 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am
Posts: 5663
Location: Don't mess with monkeys, man
NeilM wrote:
Ahh, quite so.

I bow to your superior enlightenment.




So, where does a double garage figure on the BIG ZEN scale?

Feckin' out there, man - feckin' out there.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CTK, jimo746, kikideparis, longun, PaintedDesert, Retro junkie, retrobikeguy, royboy2cv, toomanyframes and 57 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group