Does anyone know a UK supplier for these.....

benbonty

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've always known that my new project bike has no holes for the brake return spring on the rear cantilever boss. This has not been a problem until now, as I was planning to run some Avid Tri-Aligns that I have in the cupboard, these don't require a hole for the return spring as they are tensioned within the brake itself. However, I've now decided that I'd like to run my black M732 canti's to match the chainset and hubs which are also black M730/2, these do require a brake return spring hole.

I don't want to drill one and there probably isn't enough titanium there to do so, but since the brake bosses are removable, I can fit some plates behind them to locate the return spring, like the ones from Paragon machine works in the photo. Problem is that Paragon want $40 postage to ship me four of these!! Does anyone know where I can get some in the UK? They need to be correct for an M10 brake stud......

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• BK1010.jpg
    BK1010.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 777
Hi Ben,

I got some spares with my last Paragon order :D :
IMG_0139.jpg

They'll be about 60p each + post. Call it £3.50 for 4?

All the best,

You legend! I thought that these were really going to hold me up!! Please may I have four?

I'll send you a PM!

Re:

Dan,

I know it's a long shot, but have you got any of these left that you're willing to part with? Clearly happy to pay.

Thanks!

Re:

ovlov440":297xeygs said:
...that's why I love this site :LOL:

And me ;)

People helping one another out :cool:

I have a bike coming, that someone I've never met kindly offered to pick up for me ;)

What it should be about IMO

Not arguing about stuff and winding one another up :facepalm:

Who needs it? We all have a shared interest. Let's just enjoy it.

I'll get off my soap box now :roll: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back