£2000.00 What retro bike?

Kona lover

Retro Guru
Hi all

I may be in the situation in a couple of months where I could have £2000 to buy a retro bike.

Given the chance what would be your choice?

I'm thinking Klein gator fade.

My mates Orange c16r which has been sat in our shed for 6 months!!

(If you dont tell him I wont!!)

Something that means something to you, perhaps?
Dropping £2k on an old bike with no personal connection is a bit daft, imo.

O dear

Relying on others opinions rather than your own will see a herd of people trying to sell you 100 quid bikes at 2 grand :LOL:

great spec pace, kona hei hei, yeti..............list is endless tbh, get something you always wished for when a youth :D i did :cool:

Always wanted a Klein bitd, that's why I put gator fade, don't think £2k will get me riding one though. That's why I asked what else could I think of/be recommended.

Also I wouldn't drop that sort of money normally for a retro bike, but have been made redundant last May and same day started up in business with a pal it will be our end of financial year soon so will be "spoiling" myself for all our hard work.

My bike has evolved to what it is over a number of years. It might not be fully £2000 in today's retromoney, but it wouldnt be a lot different If i built it again.

If i had £2000 now, i'd buy an oxyacetylene rig.

You could buy at least 4 pretty damn fine bikes for that sort of loose change. i couldn't recommend any specifics but you could go for one of each full rigid, front bounce, full bounce ?

Or maybe not retro at all Fatbike ?

Without wishing to offend any of the venerable seers but Kleins have never lit my candle......

Tbf maybe I could have worded it better. I know all about low to mid bikes as I have a few in the bat cave but never really looked at "high" end bikes as never had the money to buy them.

Back