Going Orange

shinobi

Senior Retro Guru
Hi all
just picked this up from Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230908404521
took a bit of a gamble as you can see from the picture and description !
had the day from hell so not had a chance to really look at it but i think its late 90s p7 , looks like its been touring judgeing by the rack and the road cassette , and an interesting history by the frame number being ground off !
it looks to have been in a barn at a boarding kennel for a long time .
the spec is ;
15 inch frame 1 inch headset with rst forks
orange bar and stem
lx shifters
stx rc cranks
stx rc rear hub on mavic 521 and a parrelex front on a mavic 317 rim
alivio front mech and new looking altus rear .
a mix of avid and maybe stx vs
thats it till i look closer , i know nothing about orange models so any help would be great .
Cheers Paul

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I think the P7 is a highly under rated bike. We got one for my son last year and it's a really excellent bike and probably the lightest mtb we have.

Looks like the mechs and brakes have been replaced on yours, but the STX may well be original, I'm not very clued up on Orange specs. but there are a few on here who know them well.

Nice bike, enjoy!

NeilM
Thanks for the reply , it does seem a pretty well thought of model , cant wait to get playing ! bit gutted about the frame number and could do with finding out the decal layout as most are missing .It has some nice touches like re enforced bottle cage bosses and crud catcher mounts too :D
Cheers Paul

If it has a 1" system, it must be a 1997 model. You could look up the catalogue in the archive to find a decal style for it.

Anthony":3rsmn1wd said:
If it has a 1" system, it must be a 1997 model. You could look up the catalogue in the archive to find a decal style for it.
Thanks for the tip mate , i did have a quick look there but didnt notice the change in stem sizes :oops:
Cheers Paul

secret_squirrel":173ndbmo said:
Nice spot.

If you ever want to sell it on there was a guy on the Wanted forum looking for a 15" 90's P7 a coupla weeks ago.
Im afraid i cant take the credit for that , it was pointed out by andyz so a big thanks to him for the heads up if he reads this :D
Im not sure how they market there frames but its about 15.5 ctc and 17 ctt

hopefully some of the orange experts will be able to help .
cheers Paul

shinobi":fgsudwvx said:
secret_squirrel":fgsudwvx said:
Nice spot.
If you ever want to sell it on there was a guy on the Wanted forum looking for a 15" 90's P7 a coupla weeks ago.
Im afraid i cant take the credit for that , it was pointed out by andyz so a big thanks to him for the heads up if he reads this :D
Im not sure how they market there frames but its about 15.5 ctc and 17 ctt
hopefully some of the orange experts will be able to help .
cheers Paul
Sorry, I was going to add that it's a size 17 - can tell that on sight, but your measurements confirm it.

feetabix":1izstio7 said:
its essentially a later clockwork......a classy english retro frame......enjoy! :D

Im probably being dumb here but is it a p7 or a clockwork ? or are they the same ?

Cheers Paul

Back