Marin Zolatone appreciation and info thread!

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I thought one of these should be started! I have big love for the Zolatone Marins of 1990 and 1991, and I know I'm not alone on here! So show your love, post up your own neon/grey dreams here! Also as a regular topic on here is "how to recreate the Zolatone finish" How about anyone thats had a go themselves, or knows of a way/colour to get a good likeness speak up too!

I'll kick things off with my 1991 Team Marin...still a work in progress. Forks, stem and bars currently being re-done and new decals await. A few changes made (improvements in my eye!) But this pic gives you the general idea.

Attachments

• 1991 Marin Team with Mavics 2.jpg
    1991 Marin Team with Mavics 2.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 1,395
  • 1991 Marin Team with Mavics 4.jpg
    1991 Marin Team with Mavics 4.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 1,395
Here's mine...

Marin-3.jpg

you know, something i've never bothered to ask...was marin the only brand to use zolatone 2000? never seen it on anything else. or noticed anyway.

:?:

marc two tone":lssc09ki said:
you know, something i've never bothered to ask...was marin the only brand to use zolatone 2000? never seen it on anything else. or noticed anyway.

:?:

Not seen it on other bikes but as a car boot liner and on boats!!

wookiee":2ypujjqa said:
Kona lover":2ypujjqa said:
Here's mine...

Marin-3.jpg

Nice but looks like a 92 satin finish?

It's a 91/92 when I bought it this was the condition ...

Damage.jpg

The previous owner used heat to get a seized seat post out so I had it powder coated - broke my heart to do it :(

[/quote]

It's a 91/92 when I bought it this was the condition ...

The previous owner used heat to get a seized seat post out so I had it powder coated - broke my heart to do it :([/quote]

Ouch...there are a couple of people on here who have managed to replicate the Zolatone finish. Not perfect but near enough! Still a great looking bike and the reason I thought it was a 92 was that it looks like the alternative colour scheme to the usual neon rear triangle...which is a good thing! Fair play to bringing it back from a fire damaged state!

Wook

My 90 Eldridge & 91 Team Marin (work in progress)

Attachments

• Eldridge.jpg
    Eldridge.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,279
  • Eldridge & team.jpg
    Eldridge & team.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,281
Back