The original amber wall tyres thread

wontchuckanut

Retrobike Rider
yes halo do a tan wall and spoon does, but they dont look the same, and when a nos pair of smokes come up for sale your talking £100+.
i think some wang tung fung tyre company need to copy a classic, people are afraid to use there best tyres, iv only got two bikes and i worry, its not right is it?, i want to see someone on dragons den with a new amber wall tyre that looks decent!, someone start a Partition we all sign with 3 xxx and send it to a Vietnam factory. :idea: :shock:

you are right.

designs and trends have moved on making it harder to find them, at low cost. in some cases, rightly so as they fall apart, the skin-wall construction didn't stand the test of time and crumble away. black-wall soon prevailed.

cheapo centre-ridge type can be found but, like you say, anything interesting are buggered or top dollar :eek:

bike jumbles are a fairly reliable outlet for amber/skin walls. you just have to inspect them thoroughly.

Amber wall

Yeah theres plenty for a bmx, i think anything is better than a black tyre and a new tyre would age and weather, just needs to have a decent looking tred patten, weights not a problem to me, it's not like where racing for silver cups, iv seen the onza tyres 2.2 wide but they all seem to have a higher side wall, need more of a low profile

I think my point is that it is one thing looking the part and another actually being the part.

I know its ridiculous but imagine someone created a full retro bike out of modern repro parts, it wouldn't be right would it?

Latest posts

Back