Value my Yeti!

A

Anonymous

I think its a 94, full XTR, Nuke Proof front hub, XTR rear, USE post, Accu Trax forks, ATAC stem, XTR headset, orignial Panaracer Smoke and Dart tyres.
Pretty much immaculate except the odd standard chips.

I found it in a loft whilst doing a Survey on a house in Haslingdon, Lancashire, which was nice.

Anyway before I say what I paid for it, can people give me an idea of what it is worth.

y9nk25.jpg

Cheers, James.

Good find.

As to value, well, it's worth what someone will pay. If you're looking to sell for top dollar ebay is the way to go. Without knowing the exact spec
I'd guess it'd go from anywhere from £600 to £1200. You'd probably get more if you split it.

If you find any more retro gems in any more attics give me a shout, ok ;)

without wanting to start on a downer, the larger size is gonna negatively affect price. looks pristine condition tho. accutrax forks alone can make nearly £100 ;)

I think you all may be rather annoyed to find out that I payed just over £300 for it and it came with some similar aged X-Lite bar ends, some park tools, Onza Yeti blue turquoise hangers (un-used), period computer/altimeter (if that is the height thingy?!), some comedy gore gloves and helmet cover etc.
Thought I did alright really! :D

Both nice rides...both very cheap.
Scant wins the 'mine cost least' contest again tho' ;)

I'm just a tight b'std!!. I'll wait 2years to do a project on the cheap, (as in the above FRO.. which still isnt fully finished!) rather than pay top dolllar & get it built in a rush. Retro wall hangers are a sideline to my normal riding bikes I guess :)

Jimmy wins points for finding such a complete bike NOS for so little, thats considerably harder/ rarer than building up any rig :D

Why thankyou Scant.
I honestly couldn't believe it when I saw it. It was the owners parents' house and they said that he wouldn't want to sell it so I left it.
About a year later I thought that I just couldn't leave it, so I got my dad to go round with my details. About a month later the bloke rang saying he was moving to Egypt and wanted rid, now it is mine!
Pretty good I thought.
Got to say Scant, I love that back wheel, always loved those.

The FRO rides really well, but compared to my 18" Pace with huge post and pretty good standover height I had a bit of trouble with the lack of standover on the Yeti. Whoever said that I think that the fact that it is a large frame will affect the value is correct, if not for anything else, they just don't look as good.

Anyway, the bottle of red and pints has obviously made me babble, students ehhhh?!

Cheers people.

Back