BoTM Ideas Themes or Suggestions

trail_head

Retro Guru
I thought it might be fun to kick around some Ideas for BoTM.

What I would like to see in 2013;

1- Special Themed months planned and announced in advance.
This would give us all a chance to be prepared and would allow more participation.

Themes;
2- "Action" month; All entries must be accompanied by 1 picture of the entry being ridden. Bonus votes could be awarded for "muddiest", "Rattiest", "Biggest Air" pictures!

3- "Politician" month; All entries must be accompanied by a long winded reason why we should vote for it. This month the gloves should be off with everyone campaigning as much as possible for their bike and include personal attacks on the other bikes but, not their owners!

4- "High-tech" month; I know it sounds counter intuitive but, "tec" is the back-bone of bikes and it's always fun to look at all the crazy (or no so) designs that rode along the same trails as our fav rigids.

Lets hear them Gentlemen, What would you like to see in the 2013 BoTM season?

History? As in the back story to the bike and why it's so important to the owner. e.g. I've owned this since 1972 and it's travelled the world...blah, blah: hence actual condition of bike doesn't have to be perfect. Also works for builders, of course: bought this frame because... xyz.

I would like to see a BOTM or POTM where every little swerve from the rules was not jumped on by the tediously persnickety. Leave it up to the mods to work things out.

I like Petipal's idea.

coulours have been done and should continue.

I also think "the joe murray connection" would be good, covers marin, kona voodoo brodie etc

"retromods month" would be cool too.

"no boutique allowed" month would be cool too.

I would like to point out that it is mere coincidence that i happen to own bikes that would fall into these categories however :oops: :oops:

I would like a month where the idea came up after a cup of coffee in the morning, rather than at lunchtime.
Just to see if it is any different.

Back