Show me your single speeds!

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Having just returned from a freezing workshop where I have created a monstrosity of left overs and bodged broken parts, it would be nice whilst I have a warm cup of tea to see your single speed creations.
The Frankenbike as I have christened it has cost me a bank busting £17 to build and will not be coming to a BOTM competition thats for sure. But you know what- its a hoot to ride! Its pretty damn light as well considering the smattering of low rent and no name parts that are on it.
Can't wait to go find some sticky stodgy mud to thrash it through in the morning! I may even risk breaking the camera on the ugly bastard!

So lets see them ;)

S

My 1992 Gt Talera SS

27062009025.jpg

Same as you it is a cheap and cheerful machine that has cost next to nothing to create, and is also an ongoing thing.

will try and get photo of my 2 speed Dave Yates Diablo. Currently working on a red/blue/silver theme...

need to swap the seat out, the swift just wont go back far enough

Attachments

• finished! 001.jpg
    finished! 001.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 10,514
Looks like a lot of the stuff I've got hanging around in my sheds and garage. If I can find enough bits for an aheadset I may make up Frankenbike junior :p It's a GT too, Arrowhead with GT's own triple butted bolonga lite forks.................
Only difference is your colors match, unless I get busy with a can of plasticoat :?

I've got some Project 2's that i'm debating whether to throw on, Cant quite make my mind up yet though

imagine there is no front 44 ring, no cassette and front derr. cause that's how it is right now.

Attachments

• midgemikk2.jpg
    midgemikk2.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 10,493
  • midgemikk1a.jpg
    midgemikk1a.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 10,492
My Raleigh Dyna-Tech MT5 metal matrix in semi-retro guise...

Attachments

• PIC029.jpg
    PIC029.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 10,469
  • PIC028.jpg
    PIC028.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 10,468
Here's mine :eek: '98ish Guyzer.

Mostly built with low rent kit but, hidden in there is a Hope ti bb ;)

Oh.. & it's got a gold chain (saggy gold chain) :oops:

IMG_1218.jpg

Pretty light too...

Back