Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:14 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:26 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:13 pm
Posts: 9719
Location: Skipton
Mindmap3 wrote:
I used a company called CJ Ward in Burton on Trent for my Tazer and they did a good job and didn't charge much at all.



Updated. I take it they do powder coating?

Wet paint recommendations are still thin on the ground.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:23 pm 
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 am
Posts: 4840
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
brocklanders023 wrote:
Mindmap3 wrote:
I used a company called CJ Ward in Burton on Trent for my Tazer and they did a good job and didn't charge much at all.



Updated. I take it they do powder coating?

Wet paint recommendations are still thin on the ground.


My brother has used Argos a couple of times and has been pleased with the results.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:41 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:13 pm
Posts: 9719
Location: Skipton
Argos are in Bristol right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:48 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:32 pm
Posts: 1953
Location: Staffordshire
brocklanders023 wrote:
Mindmap3 wrote:
I used a company called CJ Ward in Burton on Trent for my Tazer and they did a good job and didn't charge much at all.



Updated. I take it they do powder coating?

Wet paint recommendations are still thin on the ground.


Yeah sorry, powder coaters. They came highly recommended by a chap on STW.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:44 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:37 pm
Posts: 1728
Location: UK Southwest
Powder coaters in Bristol:

http://www.realitymotorworks.com/

and in Nailsea, near Bristol:

http://www.abcenamelling.co.uk/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:00 am 
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 am
Posts: 4840
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
JamesM wrote:
Powder coaters in Bristol:

http://www.realitymotorworks.com/

and in Nailsea, near Bristol:

http://www.abcenamelling.co.uk/


Are you recommending them or just saying whats close to you? :wink:

If you're recommending them its probably best to say why, what you've had done by them etc..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:10 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:48 am
Posts: 6976
Location: Bristle
Rob Atkin wrote:
JamesM wrote:
Powder coaters in Bristol:

http://www.realitymotorworks.com/

and in Nailsea, near Bristol:

http://www.abcenamelling.co.uk/


Are you recommending them or just saying whats close to you? :wink:

If you're recommending them its probably best to say why, what you've had done by them etc..


both have good reps locally. Griff's do amazing work with metalflake powdercoats etc, and can do wet paint. They also do a lot of work for hells angels, so are well practiced in doing things right the first time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:00 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 10:01 am
Posts: 11210
Location: Stockport, staring at the Peaks
cce wrote:
They also do a lot of work for hells angels, so are well practiced in doing things right the first time.


:lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:00 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 9:13 pm
Posts: 1047
Has anyone any experience of chrome effect powdercoat?

Can two colors be used on the same frame?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:24 am 
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader / Rider
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader / Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 2:21 pm
Posts: 1400
Location: The Flatlands
Dale cannon wrote:
Has anyone any experience of chrome effect powdercoat?

Can two colors be used on the same frame?


Here is my frame finished in said effect with black/rainbow sparkle, so yes.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2DIE, Eldolhor, MSNbot Media, rc200ti, regan_ev and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group