Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:24 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:01 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

aalinia6 wrote:
Hi All,
I have come across this thread via another contact on this site and wanted to share my experience with Martin at ETOE.

As a lot of you have most likely read my thread I will not bore you with the email trails to back up my comments but they are available for any of you that want to see for yourselves if you are looking for a painter.

I was looking for a painter back in November and was advised on two, Jon Rock, and Martin at Etoe.

I went with Martin as he said he has no waiting list and gave me a time of 8-12 weeks delivered.

9 weeks in I politely asked for an update, he rudely replied saying that if I wanted it done faster I should get someone else to do it, I honestly only asked for an update and didn't even moan at him as It was within the time frame, and that he now thought the frame would take another 2-4 months.

I then questioned him on this as he didn't at any point say he had issues, or any thing else happening.

Not only was he extremely rude and ranted on about how us Klein owners are like Porsche owners expecting everything done for nothing, but he demanded I get my frame out of his shop with 14 days.

So currently it has cost me £250 in postage to and from Germany and I have nothing to show for it, its disgusting really.

And the frame is still not back with me, TNT have been to the delivery address 3 times and he has claimed to know nothing about it, and is now being very difficult.

If anyone on this site has any pull with the people that are advertised on here, as well as recommended can you contact me regarding Martin and what can be done to stop this happening to anyone else and get compensation from Martin as it was due to this site and its members I went to him so would appreciate some help there please.

So to end it, Martin has zero customer services, is rude to his customers, and is not someone who should be allowed to be recommended on here as well as advertise here.

Do not use him.

I read your thread and agree he needs to go in the dog house. I also know that when it comes to Klein's the fanboys do get over excited and I'll probably be burned with fire by Martin's chums for adding him to the list but hey ho.

If someone's had a good experiance feel free to speak up and I'll put him on both lists. It'll then be up to you lot to decide who you use to repaint your Kleins.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:43 pm 

I'd leave the Klein lot to themselves - or at least a separate column! :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:32 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner

elPedro666 wrote:
I'd leave the Klein lot to themselves - or at least a separate column! :wink: :lol:

However, said column would have to be painted in fetching HLF or Gator Fade, obviously :lol:

G

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:21 pm 
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg

Just been to LSN and dropped my Kona and DMR frames off, plus some P2's and 2 stems.

Bloke there was showing off his new super black gloss finish he's just got in.

It was SO glossy!!! The pic below is of a motorcycle chassis which was very rough when they got it in and he coated in a thick satin finish to fill in the rough bits before the final gloss finish.

It was also inside his poorly lit office but still looked amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:40 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

very nice, i bet darth vader's helmet was done in that 8)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:59 pm 
Retro Guru

I dropped some frames off at Armourtex in Hackney, it's been a while since I was last there and they've opened a bike shop!

Good service, nice guys. Expecting the usual high standards.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:04 pm 

Rob Atkin wrote:
Just been to LSN and dropped my Kona and DMR frames off, plus some P2's and 2 stems.

Bloke there was showing off his new super black gloss finish he's just got in.

It was SO glossy!!! The pic below is of a motorcycle chassis which was very rough when they got it in and he coated in a thick satin finish to fill in the rough bits before the final gloss finish.

It was also inside his poorly lit office but still looked amazing.

Now I'm tempted by that for the forks I'm taking tomorrow.

I'll probably stick to a less glossy black though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:17 pm 

Just picked up my DMR and Kona from LSN.

Frankly I am astonished at the finish. It's excellent. Even, thin (not inch thick like some powder), glossy. Everything masked off properly with no direction needed.

DMR

Kona. Lovely metallic finish, not bling but looks nice and sparkles under direct light - only noticed that when I took it inside as it was overcast outside.

The only fault I could find was that the paper used for masking had stuck to the powder and as such careful removal and a few seconds with a fine file was needed just to clear it away. I would expect to have to prep any frame this way if it had been painted by anyone so I don't think it's a negative really.

Weight weenies - the standard frame weighed 4lb 6oz, with powder coat and paper still attached (it was rolled very thick) it weighs 4lb 9oz. So I reckon it adds about 2oz to the frame weight. I don't think that's anything worth worrying about, and shows its not been plastered on thickly.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:11 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

great, they look good.

As you've mentioned, in good sunlight, the finish will massage your eyes, kinda 3D.

thanks for sharing the results!

indeed, they are well versed at "push bikes" they use spare bolts and stuff to protect thread during blast process.

cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:53 am 

I saw your Kona in there when I dropped my Richter 8.0 off Rob. It's looking fantastic now!

My dad's collecting me Richter 8.0 frame later today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next