Romax or Thunderbolt?

A

Anonymous

If you had the choice between a Brodie Romax or a Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt.
Which would you get?
Frame only and condition is about the same.

Tough choice! Can I have whichever one you pass up ;)

I was asked this question last night. No, I am not getting any of them. My collection is complete for now. The person who asked me may be getting one.
Tough choice.

FluffyChicken":2wobpnhk said:
Thunderbolt

hi all
when i saw this post i was really expecting to read some enthusiastic comments from the brodie and rocky fans.
maybe even .....a clash of the titans. :LOL:
but have been sorely disappointed. :cry:

i am to assume that fluffy chicken speaks for everyone then?
not a single person would argue that a romax may be more desirable than a thunderbolt?
both are handmade frames by two of the finest craftsman.
no one else have an opinion either way?
can be based on technical knowledge or pure emotion.

i tend to lean towards the romax myself,
being a big fan of brodies in general.
little guy vs the big guy.
who's with me!!!! and who can convince me otherwise. ;)
let's hear from you out there.
roy

Thunderbolt for me too!

I wonder if the Thunderbolt thing has got something to do with that Brodie were never really seen on this side of the pond (or in the UK at least)?
In fact it's the first time I've ever heard of a Romax :oops:

Thunderbolt is also a damn cool name! ;)

beepbeep":1atutadw said:
Thunderbolt for me too!

I wonder if the Thunderbolt thing has got something to do with that Brodie were never really seen on this side of the pond (or in the UK at least)?
In fact it's the first time I've ever heard of a Romax :oops:

Thunderbolt is also a damn cool name! ;)

Cooler name ;)

That and I always find the Romax looks too much like a marginally altered Kona in comparison.

<awaits people posting nice pictures of both and hopefully the lovely T-Bolt with the little wheel.>

I'm happy with the member's response. I a little disappointed with the number of responses. I was hoping for all the Brodie fans to support the Romax and the Rocky Mountain fans to support the Thunderbolt.
And once again, this posting is not for me. I was asked by a collector which one would I buy. He was offered a chance to purchase one. He is viewing this thread. I hope he post pictures of which one he purchased.
I had once owned both a Romax and Thunderbolt. They have both gone to other collectors.
The Romax is hand made by Paul Brodie and the Thunderbolt is hand made by Billy-B. The are both brazed frames. Both are master frame builders.
The Romax predates the Kona brand.

Personally I'd have the Romax for no other reason than that's the one I've love to own.

So who has one for sale??

Back