Orange Prestige differance

Karmann":2towglm3 said:
How do you tell the difference between a Clockwork and a Prestige?

Same as,but named after the original material.That being Tange Prestige.
I believe :?

As to the exact differences i cant help you,im only familiar with the clockwork.I imagine the will be subtle differences in fixings

I knew it was named after the tubeing material but need to know any other small differences that set it apart from the Clockwork, I bought a Prestige of eBay that was repainted some time in the mid 90s (so I'm told) but just wanted to confirm that it was a prestige

Clockys have mud guard / pannier eyes above the rear drop out. Prestiges dont.

Check out the 93/94 catalog in the archive

The Prestiges would also have the tange prestige sticker on the seat tube if not removed or repainted.

Mine his 2 mudguard pannier eyes on each rear dropout, I've just looked in the archive and yes the 93/94 catalogue don't have the eyes, what about a 92 as this is the said model of mine, will the frame number tell us anything?

Pretty sure the prestige has never had rack mounts although willing to be corrected. The clockwork was always advertised as a general purpose machine as good for touring as it was for XC. The prestige was always aimed at the lightweight XC/race market.

Some 92 Prestiges had rack mounts, some didn't. It can be difficult to tell the difference, but I think the 92 Clockwork was no lightweight so the weight of the frame may help. Does the serial number establish that it's a 92?

Back