Couple of early Clockwork's and a Tushingham at Stif.

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I was passing through Summerbridge the other day so thought I'd call in at Stif. They've only got a load of retro content hanging around the shop including at least two pre 92 Clockwork's, a Tushingham and a very early Santa Cruz. Well worth a look in if you're near the area. ;)

Didn't get chance to get pics as I didn't want the young hipsters thinking I wasn't rad and off the hook!

Go for it Rich. The tush is hiding way up above the counter so you might have to ask if they'll get it down. ;)

I remembered this and called in at Stif on my day off on Monday and had a look. I'm not sure what I was expecting but apart from the rear U brake and an orange fade paint job it was just the same as the Muddy Fox next to it, I'd always assumed Tushinghams were something a bit special and hand made. Very odd bit where the seat stays were cut and sealed on a diagonal and part of the side of one of the stays was touching the seat tube, looked almost like a road frame type of join. The piece of card with words on it said they imported "Their own own make bike", so pres. from the same factory that made MF's.

Back