Does the cut-off date for this forum get updated each year?

Kell

Retro Guru
Just wondered if next year this will be MTBs--> 1998.

And so on and so on. Only I've got a 2000 Orange P7 in the shed too and want to know how long before I can show that on here.

i think the cut off was decided more because it marked the end of an era (ish) than the fact that bikes x years old are "retro"

Re: Does the cut-off date for this forum get updated each ye

Kell":blsbg9vf said:
Just wondered if next year this will be MTBs--> 1998.

This crossed my mind along time ago but agree with the comments above, it defines an era before technology changed MTB's forever

Cantilever brakes were still used by the masses,
Suspension forks predominantly used elastomers and all had cra**y travel
Manufacturers were still pushing URT as the answer to rear suspension
Hydraulic disc brakes were the preserve of the landed gentry

....and full face helmets were only worn by motorcyclist :D

Basically the good old days when I also had a full head of hair, no wrinkles and could drink like a fish and still get up the next morning to go racing !

air/ oil forks had already been around for a while in 1997 and hydraulic discs since the 70's, aluminum frames since the 80's but 1997 is the sort of end of an era cut-off. Its when the accountants took over and some of the innocence was lost.

yeah but you now what he is really asking here though don't you? it's another . . . . no i can't say it . . . it happens to often . . . . i must i must . . . . what is retro thread!!!!!

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

:LOL:

p.s no offence meant!

it just is...and is very unlikely to ever change...just accept it and let it go :LOL:

Back