Retroparts spotted in odd places.

Rich Aitch

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I know there is a thread for retrobikes you've seen been used in day to day life but today I saw something that got me thinking.

A bike tyre- not just any tyre but a toothpaste-green and amberwall jobby presumably a Wildgripper- slung over a television aerial on the roof of small warehouse in Wakefield. Too high for anybody to get it.

Has anyone else spotted retroparts in unlikely places or put to new uses?

Rich Aitch":145jr8tc said:
I know there is a thread for retrobikes you've seen been used in day to day life but today I saw something that got me thinking.

A bike tyre- not just any tyre but a toothpaste-green and amberwall jobby presumably a Wildgripper- slung over a television aerial on the roof of small warehouse in Wakefield. Too high for anybody to get it.

Has anyone else spotted retroparts in unlikely places or put to new uses?

as per occupation, i have ladders ;) just tell me where. i will find a matching one within ten years. :cool:

good, thought-provoking thread :cool:

Sadly, no pictures, but I made a great cane wigwam for my runner beans last year using an old Mavic MA2 rim.

700c, 36 holes in silver, if anyone needs one :)

All the best,

I'll see if i can dig out the pics but i saw a Dia compe ss5 lever in a Porsche Carerra Cup race car mounted to the gear lever :cool:

marc two tone":2y26h5yq said:
as per occupation, i have ladders ;) just tell me where. i will find a matching one within ten years. :cool:

good, thought-provoking thread :cool:

Between the river Calder and Kirkgate railway station.
A bumper day for seeing abandoned stuff, there was a TR7 with a wisteria bush growing out of it's roof in the corner of a yard near Sheffield Forgemasters. Retro but not a bike part.

I have an old Aheadset top cap on the inside of our airing cupboard door handle because the 'previous incumbent' had just stuck the knob to the door using 'NoMoreNails' and I needed something of a suitable size to put a large self-tapper through to re-fix it...

...Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :LOL:

I keep meaning to repurpose a cracked Caramba Double Barrel crankarm as a door handle but have yet to acquire the necessary tuits :)

MikeD":1fqwsg5p said:
I keep meaning to repurpose a cracked Caramba Double Barrel crankarm as a door handle but have yet to acquire the necessary tuits :)

Round ones? The rarest kind!

I've used star nuts to replace the crappy plastic wing nuts that come with toilet seats, it was the only thing I found in the house that fitted strangely.

Back