Ebay Madness No. 2761

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
For some reason the Germans are willing to shell out lots of cash for items that are located in Germany. But many times my items that have been for sale on eBay.de have netted very little money even though the auctions have been clear with good photos.
I suspect that only reason for this is because of the item location, even if the shipping prices are clearly visible are are not that much higher.
But a German guy would get much more for a similar item. And that's not fair... :evil:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I suspect that only reason for this is because of the item location, even if the shipping prices are clearly visible are are not that much higher.
might be one explanation. i think that people in general fear shipping costs like the devil :D
and in addition "geiz ist geil" in germany ;)

i plan to update the thread btw. might give noobies a feel for retro part prices.

I spotted that stem for 120 too, weird. Though not often there are always some Ringle stems about in de. And the prices they fetch are never that high.

My guess is must be partly due to the black colour. Black is the norm these days and Ringle stems were mostly colourful, not that many black ones available.

Enjoy !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back