Stock colours for clockworks

raymondluxuryyacht

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Thought I'd try and do a thread to list all the stock colours for Orange clockworks. Please post below ifvyou know of a colour that I haven't mentioned below, and if you able to confirm dates forfeit of the less frequently used colours.

So.....
Orange and White fade (89 onwards?)
Black (92/93?)
Silver and purple fade
Silver and aqua blue fade
Lime green (99?)
Purple
(all) Orange
The yellow that looks like tartrazine(sunset? mid 90s?)
Off-white or pale grey?

I assume the really pale green one (+silver fork) seen on here is a respray or custom order instead of stock. Was pale blue used for c16r only? Or gold?

Yellow and White 1990/91 -same as the Orange and white - Only ever saw 2 of these back in the day

and as above but Pink and White.

A 1999 10th anniversary colour option was a dark green (as per the Clockwork in my sig)

Not seen it used on any other year model so far

Orange colors?

Hiya~My Clockwork from 89 is in the matt orange~looks nice but a sod to clean.I remember the top spec was available in matt black.V Nice but out of my price range at the time.
Hope this helps Andy.. :D

Good to see a thread on the Colours of Clockworks :) maybe someone could generate a definitive pictorial history, like what you see in Car Brochures :)

Anyway one question, Black??

Satin or Gloss??

My Clockwork is a Satin/Matt Black, but i've seen some in Gloss?

Anyone know the reason, or if this change fits into a time-line etc?

Jussa :cool:

Cool. I've never seen gloss black or yellow&White! I didn't know pink&white was available on the clockwork either. My 93 frame is matt black, but may not stay that way as could do with a respray.

Any more?

Back