Raleigh Activator 2 is this the right section?

naffa

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've seen this bike for sale locally and I like the look of it generally, it's a bit different to look at.
101197155_640.jpg

If its in the wrong section feel free to move it but I'd like to know anything possible about this bike like is that rear suspension? Are the forks rightr for the bike?

Thanks Nathan

aint seen one of them for a long time, a mate had one and we went up the woods it came home with the back end hanging off :LOL:

Naffa its an orrible bike, and in the most well intentioned way i would strongly advise against buying it , there are far nicer bikes around

It's a marmite thing. Most will ridicule it, but there are some people that actually like it.

It was cheap, heavy and nasty when it was new, and it still is all that today. Still, if you like it, by all means go for it.

It just looks so different :cool:

Its £25 and got Schwalbe city tyres on it.

If I buy it I mightn't ever ride it though.

naffa":25oce0cd said:
It just looks so different :cool:

Its £25 and got Schwalbe city tyres on it.

If I buy it I mightn't ever ride it though.

I love how a few months pass and out pops another Activator, you know what, even with my Stable of trusty steeds, I would still have one :) Heavy, badly made, zero front suspension, but still a part of he MTB Jigsaw and many a lads dream from BITD, take a punt for £25 I would :) i paid £15 for mine and transformed it,

Attachments

• dscf3107activatortransformation_162.jpg
    dscf3107activatortransformation_162.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,049
  • dscf3099activator2_186.jpg
    dscf3099activator2_186.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,049
As I'm sure is written every time one of these things turns up, it's crap. It was crap when it was new and it's even worse now. Send me the £25 if you're that desperate to get rid of it and I'll send you something nice*.

*what constitutes 'something nice' will be decided by beagle.

beagle":gltqhizw said:
As I'm sure is written every time one of these things turns up, it's crap. It was crap when it was new and it's even worse now. Send me the £25 if you're that desperate to get rid of it and I'll send you something nice*.

*what constitutes 'something nice' will be decided by beagle.

I dont think he's desperate to sell as he hasnt even brought it yet, but then if you are offering something nice for £25 entice us all!!!!

What bike can you offer for £25?? Time to step up to the mark Beagle :)

Oh and a good morning to you :D

Can see this one going to 10 pages........ Again! :LOL:

As others have said, I wouldn't bother but it's your money.

For reference, a couple of years ago I bagged a Orange 'O' with some M900 XTR, green Windgrippers, a USE post and Mavic 231 rims for £20. There's better about.

Horrible bikes. If you're interested for its place in history, then go for it. If you're after a nice ride then a home made bike built from pram wheels and an old pallet would be better.

Back