1991 Retro Gary Fisher Supercaliber Aluminum all original

branzash

Retro Newbie
I have a 1991 Fisher Supercaliber, yellow with Shark on top bar. It is all aluminum and super light. It is all original and in great condition, it even still has its original tires with at least 50% tread left on them. only problem is the second to smallest rear gear is missing some teeth. I have ridden it off road twice, about 6 miles each time on a light trail. Other than that I have put about 50 miles on it, on the road. I am the original owner, I bought it new back in 1991. The picture shown has street tires, I have ridden about 10 miles on those, I have the original dirt tires.

As is pretty obvious I never use it and am wondering if anyone has an idea where the best place is to sell it, and what price I should ask?

Thanks!

Attachments

• supercaliber.jpg
    supercaliber.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 2,400
even still has its original tires with at least 50% tread left on them. only problem is the second to smallest rear gear is missing some teeth. I have ridden it off road twice, about 6 miles each time on a light trail. Other than that I have put about 50 miles on it,

So, in 62 miles on and off road.. you managed to wear down the tires by about 40% and wear down the second smallest cog. You must be really hammering. ;)

Nice bike, though. In the Retro for sale forum there is a thread for those in the States who are selling things.

Re: 1991 Retro Gary Fisher Supercaliber Aluminum all origina

branzash":1vc1sqh8 said:
As is pretty obvious I never use it and am wondering if anyone has an idea where the best place is to sell it, and what price I should ask?

Thanks!

Welcome.

For pricing advice pop a post in here:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... start=3510

For selling, once you have set a price, either
here if you wanting to restrict to the US:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... &start=600
or here if you're happy to go global:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

Full guidance on selling rules here:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17697

Midorimage - I went and looked at the stock tires, I would guess they are more like 90% I was just not where I could see them when I made the post before. Almost every mile on them was on road I have no idea how long tires normally last so I guessed just because I knew the tread was still tall. As far as the gear teeth breaking off, I can only say it must have been a bad gear from the get go because I had a cycle computer and the gear started breaking down at about 25 miles and I had never taken it off road. I am positive I have less than 100 miles on it total but I think my original estimate is about right. I bought the bike from my local store and broke my shoulder before I had finished paying for it so when I got it, it went into storage. It literally sat brand new in storage for about 2.5 years. After that I got it out and started riding it on the road when the gear started breaking up, then it went back into storage. I bought street tires for it about 2 years ago and have only been on two 6 mile rides since then.

Chopper1192 it has the suntour xc comp pro components, I don't know beyond that how to tell what it is. When I bought it they called the the suntour xc comp with micro drive.

TedC - Thanks for all the good advice and for answering my questions.

Branzash

Some cogs are designed to be strange shapes to aid with gear shifting.
On the smallest cog on Shimano cassettes it can look like half the tooth is missing. I imaging this is what your cassette is, not damaged or worn but intentionally like that.

CORRECTION: This is a 1992 Super Caliber, I still have it, have been too busy to look into selling it.

Good luck with the sale and thanks for sharing.

I'm pleased its a 92 - as I've run out of bike money (and only collect 89 Fishers).

I'm sure when you list it, it will find a new home.

yep, you will have no trouble selling it. good luck with the sale.

Back