Titanium Red bikes - got one or remember them?

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Googliing failed to produce anything but I am sure I remember them around the mid 90s - they were Ti frames made from melted down russian MiG fighters or some such story. They werr unpainted and I *think* the only decal on them was a red star, hence the name. :?

edited post title - ooops!

Titanium red. I seem to remember they were heavily advertised as you say in the mid/late 90s. I saw one at the bike show at Earls court and was impressed but have never seen one since

As a 16 year old with a boggo GT Talera I lusted after one of these...

Would be great to see some pics if there are any out there.

hahaha my fluffy little bunny wunnies, just had a look in my old MTB mags, second one I picked up, Mountain Biker International Jun 1996 on page 117 is advert for yep, you guessed it Titanium Red.

I will scan if for you at some point. :)

Kinda weird looking at all them ads and not seeing web addresses mentioned!!! and not a QR code in sight!! :?

i recall building one up using their bars/stem/seatpost, ti rigid forks.. skinny tyres with latex tubes.. using sachs waveys or powergrips...

yep - you guessed it - light ! ( i think the lightest MTB i've seen/ridden - ever )
will see if i can find pics...

the company kinda just fizzled out, didn't answer phone calls... a real mystery.

Back