Unidentified Saracen

boyce autos

Dirt Disciple
Hi all, first post here so please don't shout..
I've had an old frame for years and believe it's a saracen due to the pierced top tube and s stays, I've attached a photo and have found a similar frame in the thread. Once i.d' I'll like to find a suitable home for it at a sensible price, any help is appreciated

Attachments

• 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 638
its got world cup colours, i dont remember saracen ever winning any type of world cup although i could be wrong or the could have been fitted after or it could of had ritchey stuff fitted. (seems you can put the wcs band on anything as long as you stick some ritchey brake blocks on it) but in any ways it looks real nice that.

That is unusual, my guess would be post '92, but there is some differences there I have not seen before, like those seat stays and weld on seat clamp and the rear dropout is different.

Does it have the 's' stamped into the end of the pierced top tube ?

this or one just like it as been around before, sure its a 95 kili with ritchey dropouts or something, let me see if i can find anything

These are the mysterious batch of Ritchey dropout frames that appeared in 98 with the saracen 'S' soldered out. They are one of the best saracen frames going. Maybe even better than the 853 wishbone frames.

That is in my size, if you get bored of it let me know. I have a 21 inch frame that is a little too long for me.

while this isnt the "how much is it worth thread" it seems these frames go for around £25-45 quid. I seem to remember a really mint one, that this is not, going for £27 quid on ebay. so middle of the two extremes would be about right for pricing

Seems a few of them around with that colour scheme, it would be interesting to find out what that was all about, were they some kind of promotional team colours for something, and expedition that didn't go ahead, what ?

Back