Newbie needing a valuation!

wicked

Retro Newbie
Hi all,
Judt found this site - what a superb idea! I was heavily into MTBs from 1990 - 1995 having had a 1989 Rockhopper Comp, then a GT Zaskar, then a Team Stumpjumper and then my pride and joy, a 1992 Wicked! Fat Chance.

I still have the Fat Chance but am thinking of selling up as the baby is draining my resources at a scary rate and I haven't used it for 8 years!!

The spec is as follows:

1992 Wicked! Fat Chance in Candy Apple (few minor scratches but overall in VGC)
Rockshox Mag20 with Mag21 crown
Mavic Paris Dakar hubs with M231CD rims and DT double butted spokes
Ritchey tyres
Magura Hydrostops (original 4 finger ones)
XT Front mech
XTR rear mech
7spd rear cassette (12-28 sachs I think)
XT Cartridge headset
150mm Salsa stem
Ritchey ProLite bars
Ritchey cranks
XT 24/36/26 rings
Shimano PDM 737 SPDs
USE purple seat post
Flite Titanium 'transalp' seat
Full complement of purple x-lite bolts
Purple x-lite barends (not on bike at present)

The only newish part on the bike is some cr4p gripshifts which were fitted last year when I lent the bike to someone.

It really is in immaculate condition, and has probably only been ridden for 12-18 months in all it's life, as I passed my test and realised that girls were more impressed by cars than bikes!!!

My local bike shop creamed themsleves when I took it in and reckoned it could be worth pretty good money to the right person, so has anyone any idea what that figure might be?

I'll get some pics up as soon as I get chance.

Cheers

Chris

bummer, he needs a ML. do a quick search. SteveK asked for a valuation on his wicked fairly recently :)

Ok no worries - is eBay the best place for bikes like this? I just wanted an indication of the reserve.

as always you'll get more for parts if you sell them all seperately. ebay frame worth around £250 mark depending on condition, size, colour 2 people who badly want it etc :)

Back