Onza skinwall tyres back in production

I think someone from the company finally realised there is still a huge market for retro

Yup. Coincidentally I contacted Panaracer today to ask if they plan to release another batch of amberwall Smokes and Darts.

Ironically these first designs are for 29ers!

But yeah these companies seem to wake up eventually, when they see other people cashing in they get on the bandwagon

You can buy a new Flite, you can buy (or cobble together) brand new thumbies... maybe just maybe you'll soon be able decent new 26" skinwalls?

Re-issues of Porcs and classic Panaracers are an awesome idea, so probably won't happen...

Grump Grump...

hydorah":3pzno2oq said:
Re-issues of Porcs and classic Panaracers are an awesome idea, so probably won't happen...

Actually Panaracer did just that a little while ago. Unfortunately most of us missed it completely and they were all sold by the time we noticed.

hydorah":1uztsp2q said:

Grump Grump...

I think it might happen but...they will have people looking at stuff like ebay and retro bike sites to see how much they can get away with charging unfortuneatly

im a bit confused, i thought the onza brand was now owned by a guy called mike who owns rocknroll bikes and that onza now make predominantly trials type stuff. funnily enough i did have a conversation with Mike who was responsible for making the limited rub of porc 2s a few years back. i spoke with him about making amberwalls and white porcs and he said he couldnt justify the expense as they would not sell.

this onza has a different logo and seems to be known as onzatires or am i missing something really obvious? :? :?

have read the links now and makes a bit more sense, but the onza brand and logo is still owned by rocknroll bikes it seems

These look very promising indeed. Deep skin walls remenicent of the original skin wall porcupines and fairly low key and classy logos.... We may finally have a viable modern tyre for our retro 'riders' folks!

Back