Blinkin Flip

you can get brand new pucka ti frames with warranty from the US for less than that ;) ..but hey, if you want it, go crazy ;)

The king kahuna was the 6/4 frame so would've commanded a premium from new. And it's a late model going on my limited kona knowledge. Still it is a lot of money.

scant":1px79hle said:
you can get brand new pucka ti frames with warranty from the US for less than that ;)

interested as to what you can get?

That's a standard Hei hei from 1995 time. I had an exact one.

Also note the un-Kona like seat collar. Its wierd cos the early frames matched the rest of the other Konas (i.e long seat collar etc) then suddenly they went through an odd design phase where these Hei Hei's had stumpy ones. They they reverted back to longer collars....

jez-2-many-bikes":3vmckopo said:
That's a standard Hei hei from 1995 time. I had an exact one.

Is the king kahuna according to the auction and pictures. I forget if it was all 6/4 or just a portion of it (back end maybe?). You are right on the age though, older than steve's 98 kahuna in the reader's bikes section.

There's no reinforcement areas on the tubes and it has a 1995 Hei Hei decal job. The seat colar gives it away too.

still - an awful lot of money - I sold my last one for £400

I'll readily admit I'm not a kona expert.. but I thought the king kahuna had headtube gussets? maybe earlier models didnt?

JOHN, mail me for more ti frame info ;)

Kona

I've seen the frame, and think the eBay ad a accurate description of the frame although am obviously am not a metallurist so couldn't say for sure what ti alloy it is...

That heavier duty ti free ride style Kona frame was of a later vintage , and featured glo in the dark decals + some RAD like tubes there was a review of it in BIKE mag sometime or other...

Back