GT, how can i see the difference between rts-1 and rts-2?

kaos

Retro Guru
Hi.

I have a polished gt rts frame with aluminum back triangle. It came with a mag 21 fork that has cable hanger. How can i know which model it is?

Looks alt like this one, but mine has no decals at all...

main.php

I found out myself. This frame has a rounded end on the top tube. So i guess it's an rts-2. Is it worth polishing up and buying new decals for this frame? I have no idea what year it could be, but i think it would look good with complete xtr m900. What do you guys think?

Re: GT, how can i see the difference between rts-1 and rts-2

Hi i have one rts-1 and one rts-2 frame, whats the.difference between the frames. The rts-1 frame has a little sticker that says world champion. Thanks Dennis

The differences are where it was made (USA/Taiwan), what its made of (6061/7005 alu), how it was made (hand vs machine) cable routing can also be different, my rts-2 had rubber mounts s attaché via the shock bolts, rts-1/team have welded cable guides there instead. Decals.

thanks :D that really helped me. but what about the world champion sticker?? regards dennis

I think they tended to be on the team model.

The World Champion decals appeared on the 93 model year RTS-1's and RTS frames after Furtado won the 92 World Championships. There were frame only's sold as just "RTS" in the tech shop dealer program.

Back