Klein Attitude Repaint Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty Barker

Devout Dirtbag
At first sorry for my bad english. I`m not from GB. But i have a little problem. I got a Klein Attitude Sea&Sky frame. It`s allready in good condition but it has some little problems. At first a big dent in the downtube and some little sratches on the dropouts and all over the frame.

I decided to build it up but i like a good looking bike.

Has somebody an idea what i can do with the frame to get it new?

Here are some pictures of the frame:

sea3.jpg

sea2.jpg

sea1.jpg

I know at least one person has used a dent removal service to fix this sort of thing, but it still wouldn't help your paint. I'd take it to a "paint-less" dent repair place and ask them if they could pound that out.

I know of some people in the car world that have used dry ice as a means of dent repair..... youtube it

G

User on here 'jonrock' (spelling?) is the Klein paint man, best get in touch with him if you want anything particular done with the paint after getting the ding sorted.

Yesterday i asked some car repair services but they couldn´t help me with the dent. So i decided to fix it by myself. I got a dent removal set.
Wish me luck.

I'd vote for filling it in and refinishing it. Or to save the original paint, trying to touch it in

I don't think you'll get that out without causing more aggravation for yourself

The dent ist out. Today i got some liquid aluminum. First i pulled the dent a bit out and smothed the surface with the liquid aluminum.
Now i need the right color.

klein_dent1.jpg

klein_dent2.jpg
[[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back