What do you hate seeing on a gorgeous retro bike?

novekili

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
There are some things that turn me off bikes I might vote in a BOTM poll, even if the frame is a Fat Ti.
These are:
1. SS conversion. I hate SS!
2. Flat Pedals. I have flats on my commuter but If I had to ride a flat pedals equipped bike I'd rather go to work. (I consider flats+toeclips acceptable tho)
3. Riser bars with barends (I understand the setup can be comfortable but there's a limit to my tolerance to ugliness)

What about you?

novekili":33ywurco said:
There are some things that turn me off bikes I might vote in a BOTM poll, even if the frame is a Fat Ti.
These are:
1. SS conversion. I hate SS!
2. Flat Pedals. I have flats on my commuter but If I had to ride a flat pedals equipped bike I'd rather go to work. (I consider flats+toeclips acceptable tho)
3. Riser bars with barends (I understand the setup can be comfortable but there's a limit to my tolerance to ugliness)

What about you?

Agree 100% with every thing you say. :cool:

4 arm cranks. Yuk.

Thumbies are still the simplest shifting solution, the only reason they are not around now is planned obsolescence from the Shimano marketing machine. :LOL:

hamster":1u8ojw08 said:
4 arm cranks. Yuk.

Thumbies are still the simplest shifting solution, the only reason they are not around now is planned obsolescence from the Shimano marketing machine. :LOL:

ahaha, just like why suspension forks when you have arms ? ;>
anyway simplest isnt better imho, precision and hands on the bars is my thing.

I agree with the SS and barends on riser bars, but I do prefer flat pedals above anything else (SPDs, toeclips or straps). Probably because I spend most of my time in the city.

As for 4-arm cranks, IMO they look better than 5-arm ones. I guess it's a matter of personal preference.

Back