Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:54 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 776 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 78  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 59%  59%  [ 114 ]
Link from a friend 13%  13%  [ 25 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Print media (mbr,privateer etc) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 16%  16%  [ 31 ]
Something else 11%  11%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 194
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:24 pm 
Dirt Disciple

New around here. May be the typical 38 yr old getting back into bikes, but I need to keep fit somehow!
In the good old days, I had a Cannondale M400 ( I think ) and an Orange P7.
Just sold a Marin Quake 5.0 and bought a 1994 Orange Clockwork.
Small amount to do, a good clean up etc.....

photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG [ 150.04 KiB | Viewed 592 times ]
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:03 am 

hello everyone! name is Uriah. nice to finally realize there might be a biking community online. lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:42 pm 
Dirt Disciple

New guy here, not to MTB'ing, but new to the forum. Been riding 36 years, and roughly half of that BMX. Started riding in 75 till present, took up MTB'ing in 89, and have never looked back. I'm also a GT fan-guy, my current bikes are a 97 GT Lightning, 94 GT Psyclone, 92 Richter 8.0, (and a 96-98(?) Gary Fisher Supercaliber Team Paola Pezzo I bought for parts). Guess thats it for now.

Photo of my Lightning

Post subject: back on me bike
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:13 am 

Just got me hands on an old MBK for doing the school run with the kids, and towing around my youngest in his trailer (as well as my gardening tools, mulch, compost and whatever else i can fit in there!). Pretty chuffed with it cos I got it fer nowt as one of my gardening customers was clearing out the shed and i happened to be there. Rides really well to, orange to yello fade paint scheme and shell suit graphics ar a bit lary tho. Only fly in the ointment is a bent Exage rear mech with weakish springs any body out there floggin a good one, PM here please. I'd like to keep it oringinal but a minor upgrade wouldn't hurt if you've anything a little higher end (but low budget!). Oh' by the way, if you're considering attaching a child trailer to a bike with QR hub...DONT DO IT....strippped all the threads off mine afterabout a week, now replaced with the solid long spindle I should have fitted to the hub in the first place. Enjoyed the few off road blasts Ive had so far, havent had as much fun on a bike since I got my cinder cone back in '94.

Post subject: Noooooooob
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:27 pm 

Hi from France,

I'm glad to be here !

I ride for over 20 years (i'm 29 ;))
I use to ride a lot in MTB during the 90's.
For me it was the golden age of the MTB because off the Sunn history with Nicolas Vouilloz.

Now, i ride road bikes, single speed and fixed gear for around 5 years. One day i'll find my dream, an XL Bianchi BaSS with Manitou fork, Mavic D521 v-brakes rims and Shimano XTR Brakes....

See you on the road, in town or on the trails.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:57 pm 
Dirt Disciple

My name is Maciek and I've come here from Polish retro-fan's site I think that it will be good for my English.

I am starting study this fall and in winter a work as a ski instructor.

Now my ride is semi-retro Fuji Tahoe Pro from 2006 at RS DUKE/XTR 952/Magura HS33 Tomac/Race Face Turbine...

but last weekend i've bought from my friend Kuwahara SuperCompetition frame and decided to use full m900 groupset...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:30 am 

Hello, my name is Alan and I've just picked up my first retro bike.
It's a 1993 Kona Kilauea and not without it's problems (stuck seat post) but I'm up for a project!
Any other member in Surrey please get in touch as I'd like to go for some rides.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:00 pm 

Hi everyone
My name is jan, i found the website in my search for information about kona Hei Hei. I have had Kona since start 90's and finally I found the dream bike this winter a 1999 kona Hei Hei.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:56 pm 

hey there all,

I'm most likely a fairly typical story used to ride a lot but broke a collar bone pretty bad and was told to stay off mtn bikes but couldn't do it. bought a retro project off a guy i work with who had the best intentions but never got it done. spent my long weekend going through the box of parts it tuned into a 94' Rocky Mountain Blizzard frame is a rough he said that there was a seat post stuck so it cut the top off and a couple of small dents. not too worried as this will be my commuter bike i have some ideas for it most likely a single speed by the end of summer, as i have my eye on something else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:00 pm 
Old School Hero

Hi all Im Jase from Hull,Got into bikinga couple of years back,Just sold a 2011 Cube and bought a 95 orange which is just as good if not better

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 776 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 78  Next