Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:21 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 859 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 59%  59%  [ 120 ]
Link from a friend 14%  14%  [ 28 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Print media (mbr,privateer etc) 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 16%  16%  [ 32 ]
Something else 10%  10%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 204
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:09 am 

Hey guys. Good to be here. I think I needed this place to continue my passion from the childhood.

Lately I bought a nice 1992 Panasonic MC Pro, which is presented in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=372929

Im 34 years old, I live in Cracow, Poland.
I work as an editor/journalist. I'm a football fan, and a very average right footed left back.
I travel a lot. Usually with the one of my retro cars, which I'm collecting. There are six Peugeots 205 in my garage at the moment. ( High five Cybernck 8) )
Used to be a cross country rider, but it was a long, long time ago. I almost forgot...

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:34 pm 
Dirt Disciple

philpheasant wrote:
Hi Si here although known as phil pheasant for the last 25 years. Have been building/restoring bikes for the last 6 years. Into cycling in general, riding Lon Las (holyhead to Cardiff) in May with an old work colleague. Have around a dozen bikes, some stripped awaiting attention including a four wheeled one.
Heard about the site whilst trying to source info on a Sunn xchox gp that I acquired recently.

A very different looking bike. Great Job!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:33 am 

Hello Hello.

Ride around now a days just to keep a bit of the timber off and clear the head! Mostly on the road but also on one of my MTB's.

Found the forum while trying to find out a little more about one of my bikes (my lifer as I call it)

Post subject: New member.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:57 am 

Hi!

I found this forum when searching for info about a Parkpre Alucomp i have sitting in my garage.

Havent been biking in ages so im looking to make the Parkpre as my commuter/excercise bike.

If anyone has info about there alucomps, any help would be appreciated!

Attachments:
File comment: Parkpre Alucomp
small.jpg
small.jpg [ 110.59 KiB | Viewed 245 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:40 pm 

Hi

Used to be a cycle tech at Halfords 94-98 currently have a Scott Road bike but wanted something I could just jump on when my 4 year old wanted to go for a pedal so in the last 4 weeks have acquired the below!!

1994 Marin Bobcat Trail
1994 Marin Hawk Hill
1995 Specialized Hard rock Ultra
19?? Muddy Fox Courier Mega

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:36 pm 

Hi my name is Kevin Crawshaw and have been in to biking for the last 40 years, I work at Nationwide Cycling Academy as the team leader.
We run a sister company along side UCC urban cycle centre which is a huge recycling unit for tired bikes. We have around 4,500 bikes in stock but lots of scrap mixed in :cry: we have numerous retro bikes which as brought me to this forum for advice.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:52 pm 
Old School Grand Master

KevNCA wrote:
Hi my name is Kevin Crawshaw and have been in to biking for the last 40 years, I work at Nationwide Cycling Academy as the team leader.
We run a sister company along side UCC urban cycle centre which is a huge recycling unit for tired bikes. We have around 4,500 bikes in stock but lots of scrap mixed in :cry: we have numerous retro bikes which as brought me to this forum for advice.

Welcome buddy and look forward to seeing what you have and hopefully helping with advice :)

Post up your questions in the Retro MTB chat section.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:13 pm 

Hi all,
My name is Steve from Shropshire and I found you via google when I was searching for a rear swing arm for my Raleigh M-Trax 400 circa 1997 full suspension MTB.
I am looking for a M-Trax 450 which has the disc mounts as the 400 only has V posts.
I bought this little baby new in 1997 and kept her in mint condition and original except for the pedals and bars, she has Magura Hs 33 but would love to change over to disc.

Attachments:
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg [ 44.96 KiB | Viewed 185 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:21 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi

Found this place via Google. Great find.

Brief intro. Grew up in the North East of England. First bike was a blue and yellow Raleigh Burner. Moved to North Yorkshire Early 80's. Had a few more BMX. Super Tuff and Ultra Burners. Pals had Mongoose and Haro. Always very envious.
Moved onto roadbikes early teens. Raleigh Pursuit and then Banana. Transport bikes for messing around on & visiting pals. Great memories of ragging them down the forest drives of Dalby.

Banana was stolen in first year at Uni. Next bike was a 1992 Marin Bear Valley that i took in exchange for an old surfboard. I loved the matt zolatone paint when everything else was neon pink and dayglo.

Couple of mates were very serious about mountain biking. One was a pro-elite racer and through seeing their bikes i realised that although my Bear Valley looked like a sleek stealth bomber, it probably weighed as much as one too. I still loved it. Then it was stolen and my interest was on other sports,hobbies.

Fast forward 20 odd years to this summer. Standing outside a pub in London, a guy pulls up on my Bear Valley. It wasn't mine. Mine had a massive ding in the top tube where it fell down some steps at uni. A quick look on ebay and there were several at 30quid or so. 30 quid! I'm sure i got 450 or so on insurance when mine was nicked in 1995. The search was on. Cheap old park anywhere retrobike here i come.

That's how i found this place.

And you guys got me thinking. Matt black was cool in 1992 but now everything is matt black. My old stealth bomber now looks like some crap halfords commuter hybrid.

Some of your bikes on here convinced me i didn't actually want another Bear Valley.

So i spent a few weeks watchng ebay and reading old catalogues and had narrowed down my search.

At the end of august i placed a bid on an old snotter that was being sold for spares or repair.

And won it.

I feel like i'm at the top of a very slippery slope.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:32 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I havent see that thread to introduce myself.

I like classic mtb form 90,s, was the years i started riding a mtb(89/90),and i found that forum searching for a marin frame, In the end i found that frame in spain, but i think this forum is serious, so i like to post my jobs better here than in a spanish forum, here i feel more respected/esteemed :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 859 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86  Next