Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:16 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 78  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 58%  58%  [ 114 ]
Link from a friend 13%  13%  [ 26 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Print media (mbr,privateer etc) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 16%  16%  [ 31 ]
Something else 11%  11%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 195
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:13 am 
Dirt Disciple

they have excellent modulation but not the outright power of v-brakes or some of the newer stuff out. I have found that they really work well on the trail, not touchy or grabby while still offering the necessary power. They are designed by Charlie Cunningham who licensed them to Suntour. They were also produced by WTB, I've heard that they are the best or some of the best rim brakes ever made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:58 am 
Dirt Disciple

heavyhighsierra wrote:
they have excellent modulation but not the outright power of v-brakes or some of the newer stuff out. I have found that they really work well on the trail, not touchy or grabby while still offering the necessary power. They are designed by Charlie Cunningham who licensed them to Suntour. They were also produced by WTB, I've heard that they are the best or some of the best rim brakes ever made.

cool, i did some "googleing" over those, there are some BMXers who also love those. really cool :) I love my 96's XTR V-brakes, but these seems a nice choice too, as an old commercial in my country said a long time ago: "power is nothing without control" (pirelli tires)

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:55 pm 

Hi, I've been into MTB for a long time and recently bought a new bike to play on. My first mtb is 21 years old and is totally original (even chain and tyres).
I must admit i didn't do many mountains on it,lol. So there I am thrashing my new hardtail on actual mountains(got the scars) and started looking at my first mtb.

Its a rigid diamondback 7005 alloy frame(mirror polished) with shimano acera x components and weinmann 4019 wheels.
I've fallen in love again and now she has a new saddle,grips and some slicks for road use :D

The bike is 100% original(kept old parts) apart from grips.

Now the reason for joining :lol:

What model is my bike? as I de-badged it 15 years ago.

Great site, great bikes.

Cheers.

Post subject: mine
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:36 pm 

Last edited by chrissyb on Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: mine
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:37 pm 

Image[url][/url]

Post subject: Re: mine
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:23 pm 
Dirt Disciple

chrissyb wrote:

I really like those tires, i'm looking for some like it to my bike, is it 1.5? what brand?

Post subject: Re: Hi
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:48 pm 
Retro Guru

chrissyb wrote:
Hi, I've been into MTB for a long time and recently bought a new bike to play on. My first mtb is 21 years old and is totally original (even chain and tyres).
I must admit i didn't do many mountains on it,lol. So there I am thrashing my new hardtail on actual mountains(got the scars) and started looking at my first mtb.

Its a rigid diamondback 7005 alloy frame(mirror polished) with shimano acera x components and weinmann 4019 wheels.
I've fallen in love again and now she has a new saddle,grips and some slicks for road use :D

The bike is 100% original(kept old parts) apart from grips.

Now the reason for joining :lol:

What model is my bike? as I de-badged it 15 years ago.

Great site, great bikes.

Cheers.

Welcome to the forum.
I must say that I find hard to believe that it's 100 percent original apart from grips.
That Accera is younger than 21 years. For example 1992 Diamond Backs was equipped with Deore LX as lowest group set on aluminium frames.
If You can put photo of rear dropouts then it can be easyer to tell.
Was frame coloured before or just destickered?
Mine best guess it's 1997 Response

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:25 pm 

Yep Tyres are 1.5 schwalbe city jet's..
Have original seat, tyres and bar ends,only thing I don't have is grips.
Had the bike from new.Bike has only been de stickered and check my gallery for drop outs. Maybe a later bike as I cant remember.
:oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:22 am 
Retro Guru

chrissyb wrote:
Yep Tyres are 1.5 schwalbe city jet's..
Have original seat, tyres and bar ends,only thing I don't have is grips.
Had the bike from new.Bike has only been de stickered and check my gallery for drop outs. Maybe a later bike as I cant remember.
:oops:

Frame is older then I stated at first as do not have removable rear mech hanger, Accera X is 1997-1998 (1995-1996 was not Your shifter/brake levers)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:10 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi
Came across the site while searching the web for info and parts for my 1994 Kona Kilauea. Was riding the trails of Delamere Forest regularly from about 96 - 2000 but since then had a family and have just got my wife and the kids interested. Am looking to get out more now.

Chris

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 78  Next