Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:56 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 78  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 58%  58%  [ 114 ]
Link from a friend 13%  13%  [ 26 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Print media (mbr,privateer etc) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 16%  16%  [ 31 ]
Something else 11%  11%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 195
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:34 pm 

Hello,

Been lurking here for a while, so time to get out of the shadows :D .

My name is Richard and I have been visiting retrobike for about a year or 2 now. All started when I had the plan to restore my old Voodoo racing bike in 97 catalog form.

Bought a house in the mean time so the project has been shoved on a shell, but now I'm setting up the workshop getting everything sorted to start the project finally.

Been riding since '95ish in various forms and have been on the bike ever since. Own quite a few bikes, but that just happens when you used to work in a bikeshop.

Lately have been riding a lot of downhill MTB and road. As long as it has two wheels it's all good just having fun with mates.

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:46 pm 
Dirt Disciple

What a way to make me feel old, all my high tech bike stuyff from my college days are now considered "Retro" :) But I've recently started ridign again with my 3yo son. I'm getting my old MTB into ridable condition so we can do more riding together. We were mainly riding in the neighborhood so I've been using my road bike, but now we are venturing down some dirt roads and a proper MTB is needed :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:06 pm 
Dirt Disciple

DeoreDX wrote:
What a way to make me feel old, all my high tech bike stuyff from my college days are now considered "Retro" :) But I've recently started ridign again with my 3yo son. I'm getting my old MTB into ridable condition so we can do more riding together. We were mainly riding in the neighborhood so I've been using my road bike, but now we are venturing down some dirt roads and a proper MTB is needed :)

way to go! my top of the line - very strange bike "for those days" now is being used mainly to get me to work, but even after 18 years of age (the bike, not me) it still rocks, even in light trails...
and don't think it's only retro, think its a CLASSIC :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:06 am 
Retro Guru

Hi everyone, my names James, live in bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire. I'm 19 years old and have been into my old bikes for about 2/3 years now. Current stable stands at

-97 Saracen hardtrax (the one I'm here to chat about, wil upload a current project thread tomorrow for it)
-unknown (yet) year Raleigh pursuit, fixied, sprayed, rebuilt, basically I bought I bike that I could rebuild completely and get me to work quick on
-old but not retro mongoose bmx (you know the beater for leaving outside the girlfriends and stuff)
-Scott nitrous sl 22, made into a free ride/downhill bike but needs a bit of tlc
-kona Cowan 07, dirt jump bike, few bits and pieces done to it
-GT series 2 road bike, quick alu/carbon thing for flying to work but not seeing much use ATM
-mongoose bmx needing work to be rideable
-redline proline pro bmx needing a bit of work, used to race this bike :D

And that's my lot. Back to the Saracen, love this thing, prised it from my dads hands a little while ago to ride to the gfs and stuff on, was wicked fun in the snow, used a few bits I've had lying around to make it better to ride, all will be revealed in my thread :D

(ow and btw, yes I've got the original purchase receipt and the 97 Saracen brochure ;) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:45 pm 

A work colleague showed me this sight.
looking forward to doing up an old Raleigh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:28 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Intorducing myself and my bike an 86 Schwinn High Sierra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:38 am 

Hi guys, great site, i'm a memeber on a few forums mainly vw and motorbike. I currently ride a scott genius carbon 30 so not retro but love the old school stuff too.

Last edited by jonoburns on Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:50 pm 
Dirt Disciple

heavyhighsierra wrote:
Intorducing myself and my bike an 86 Schwinn High Sierra

amazing brakes, what are those? the rest looks deore DX, and those brakes, looks very strong :) congrats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:10 pm 
Dirt Disciple

The Derailleurs and Shifters are Suntour XC, the brakes are Suntour Roller Cams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:57 am 
Dirt Disciple

heavyhighsierra wrote:
The Derailleurs and Shifters are Suntour XC, the brakes are Suntour Roller Cams

wow, now I remembered, and felt a bit old, but stills look very agressive... those brakes works fine? i think so, but i never rode with them...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 78  Next