Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:35 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 78  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 58%  58%  [ 114 ]
Link from a friend 13%  13%  [ 26 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Print media (mbr,privateer etc) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 16%  16%  [ 31 ]
Something else 11%  11%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 195
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:32 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I started posting old photos of Mt. Bike races I organized at Hidden Valley Resort in PA on Facebook. One of my friends suggested I share some of my Grove Innovations pictures on this site since he knew Bill has a following that would appreciated them. I hope people enjoy them and I hope they provide more insight and information on the Grove Innovations, Bill Grove and the great products he made. I was fortunate enough to race on the team for 3 years. Our team did well, we did not win every race but we never gave up and we represented Grove Innovations in a positive way. I went to State College and met Bill when I ordered my bike and I saw first hand the care and detail he put into every bike. Knowing Bill was a great experience, if you own a Grove you own a piece of Bill. I'm glad I can share these thoughts with others who understand. I cannot help but smile when I look at my bike and know where it has taken me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:11 am 

Hi everyone

I'm located in Norway and I've built bikes since I was a little kid, mostly singlespeed old-fashioned bikes. I got my first MTB in -89, which was a Miyata of some sort(haven't figured out which one it was yet).

Haven't done much other than riding for the last 15 years until I this spring obtained a GT Backwoods -96 on an auction for 20£.
Attachment:
20131013_114832.jpg
20131013_114832.jpg [ 388.5 KiB | Viewed 317 times ]

The bike was in pretty good shape and I used it a bit for commuting work-home. It is now disassembled and under restoration.

Glad to join the community!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:08 am 
Dirt Disciple

Just joined, have been reading the threads for a few weeks now, and have a Kona AA rebuild just starting. Glad to be here, the advice has been great so far, Thx Guys

Hooty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:27 am 

Hey everybody. I am in the Bay Area. My pride is my '83 Stumpy. Picked it up for $100. It's sooooo much fun Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:01 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hmm - been on here for a few years (although not many posts) and have never got around to introducing myself.

I bought an old Marin MTB on eBay in a bid to figure out how bikes work. I came on here to find out more about it (1991 Marin Pine Mountain, as it happens) and am now getting obsessed about smartening it up - it's working, but shabby.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:40 am 
Dirt Disciple

Greetings from the great white north and by that I mean Canuckistan. Folks who frequent bikeforums or mtbr might know me from there, a fellow forumite sent me this way to answer some questions on local builders.

My main off road ride is a 2001 Rocky Mountain Blizzard, I also ride a Surly Pugsley, and have a custom built Moulden XC bike as well as a bunch of other vintage bicycles.

I work as a framebuilder and technician with Arvon Cycles and also have several (vintage) hand built Arvon mountain bike frames I am building up, only 6 were ever made or will be made so that makes these quite rare.

My Blizzard... sweetest hardtail ever.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:56 am 
Retro Guru

I started riding in 1990. Been my main passion for decades. Found this site randomly looking at old Yetis. I live in California. Favorite bike companies Yeti, Santa Cruz, Rocky Mountains. I use to race DH. I love old DH rigs.
I think I collect and ride classic full suspension bikes. Stuff I couldn't own in my prime.
Current rides. 2005 Yeti Arc and 1996 Santa Cruz Tazmon

Current projects. 2001 Rocky Mountain RM6 and 2007 Santa Cruz Bullit.

Would like to build a Rocky Pipeline, Rocky DH, and Yeti DH

Own other frames in various conditions.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:19 am 

Hi All. Just joined having found this site via Google whilst researching info for a 94 orange P7 I rescued from eBay. Not my 1st retro having previously picked up a 1965 Moulton at a boot sale for £0.50.

Based in sunny Essex (sometimes)

Hoping to pick the brains of the many experienced members here during the restoration of the P7. Planning an urban assault vehicle which can handle the odd off road detour, single speed, bull bars and very little else.

Bike is complete but needs a lot of work including unfortunately a respray as the nickel finish cannot be saved.

Also own a 95 spec hard rock rescued from eBay many years ago and which hasn't needed a single bit if maintenance from the day we got it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:24 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi all, Im Andy, live down on the edge of the New Forest. Currently got a 95 vintage Saracen Protrax which im in the slow process of getting ride ready for the new year. Been into mtb'ing since i was at school and got my first Marin Muirwoods back in 92.

I will be trawling the forum to lust after those retro rides and hopefully pick up a few bargains along the way!

Also looking to get some regular rides going in the New Forest area....cant beat it for great views and good pubs!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:49 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi there, been a downhill racer for nearly 15 years but sold DH racer recently for another project. Looking at getting a vintage DH for fun as I'm lost without something with two wheels!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 78  Next