Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:19 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 78  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 58%  58%  [ 114 ]
Link from a friend 13%  13%  [ 26 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Print media (mbr,privateer etc) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 16%  16%  [ 31 ]
Something else 11%  11%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 195
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:32 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi guys, Richard here. Cane across this brilliant site whilst looking up info for my latest project. Im collecting a 1991 Gt Karakoram on Friday. Needs a fettle but its in original condition, albeit minus seat post and front wheel. I have a few questions about the bike but ill find the right place on the forum to ask. Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:53 pm 

Afternoon everyone!

Figured I'd introduce myself after lurking for a while...

I'm about to embark on 2 retro MTB builds - my 18 year old Cannondale M800 Beast of the East frame, and a CAAD2 M300 for my wife that I picked up for about £30 on eBay. I've also got a Killer V frame tucked away waiting for some love.

As you can probably tell I am a bit of a Cannondale nut - I have a Bad Boy 3 which is currently my main bike, and former London work hack.

I'm in the market for a few parts, and I'll no doubt have a few bits and pieces to offer up. I'm 35 years old and aiming to build the bike I wish I could have afforded when I got the M800 for my 18th birthday! Pace forks, Deore XT, Syncros stem and seatpin - you know the drill...

PBizzle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:19 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hello all, stumbled on to this site whilst trying to get info on my first project after being out of the mtb scene for a good few years. The project is an orange Aluminium elite which was suppose to be a quick sort out then lay it up for the winter for a good refurb.
Typical bloke I will take this off then that and has now escalated to everything being in bits and bobs. Will be here now till I get it to top spec......cheers everybody

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:35 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Hi OAE - there's a few of us elite owners on here - put a build thread up and also have a look at boyoboys (magic), hawki's, mine and others - there's also a nascent elite thread 8)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=186867&hilit=orANGE+ELITE

cheers
And 8)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:00 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi all.

I came across this site when looking into converting an old MTB into a single speed winter hack. I have a 95 Marin Bobcat which I've stripped back to component parts and will be building up again in the near future. I need some parts so will be looking for bits.

Cheers
Phil

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:44 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hello all! I came about this site from a search looking for older parts. I live in the United States in Utah. It's a great place if you love to mountain bike. You have Moab and the famous slick rock or great mountain scenery to ride in if the desert becomes too hot. Back when most of these bikes on here in the early part of the 90's is when I competed in racing mountain bikes. These days those of us still racing now have moved into cyclocross. I am very very impressed to see the quality of the bikes on here and it is great to go down memory lane seeing everyone's great bikes.

Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:54 pm 

Hi guys I'm new hear thanks for the great forum just a quick question I have some marzocchi shivers sc 2002 for sale what price are they fetching thanks guys

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:31 pm 

G'day RB'ers. CFM3 owner...found this site after looking for information about my frames. BoTM already a firm favourite.

Ride on

S :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:37 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hey Everybody,

I found this place while I was doing a little old Klein reconnaissance. I am an old time MTB guy from the glorious late 80's- early 90's. My first real MTB was a 88 Klein Pinnacle in Flare and its the only one I didn't keep. It looks like a cool site I look forward to chatting.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:55 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi guys, I came across your site after researching and looking for a 90's Kona. My first proper bike was a 1995 Kona Lava Dome at the age of 12 and I would love to build up or buy a 90's steel framed Kona so I can relive my youth.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 78  Next