Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:42 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 78  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 58%  58%  [ 114 ]
Link from a friend 13%  13%  [ 26 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Print media (mbr,privateer etc) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 16%  16%  [ 31 ]
Something else 11%  11%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 195
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:26 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi!

I`m collecting Italian Mountainbikes. Wanted to change my member name from Ferry Dusika to Columbo.
My first language is not English. I like the atmosphere on this board.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:33 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Hi all!

Signed up after discovering a friend's Voodoo tucked away in his shed, rusted, but dripping with all the parts I coveted as a teenager. It's been ages since I did a bike build and since some little theif has had my brakes away on the modern, I reckon I could build something cool, fun and less nickable for the money I'll get back from splitting the rest for parts. So it's a financially shrewd move too. Possibly.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:33 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

Hello, good evening and welcome. Ou ave nothing to lose but your money. On all things retro :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:19 am 

Hey guys,

American here from the pacific NW. Just got a hold of my dad's beautiful old 89 Saracen Tufftrax. Found the site after some quick searching. I need to clean it up a bit, but here it is...

It hasn't been ridden in a while, but everything works on it. I was wondering what the normal maintenance would be and what I should do when I clean everything (change cables? etc.)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:32 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi all! Long time mountain biker since 1987 when I bought a Klein Adroit. I think......Anyway I still prefer the older bikes even though I do own a 2013 Trek SuperFly Al Elite. It's a great bike but kind of overkill for where I train which is on rec paths. I'm currently doing a sympathetic restoration on a 92 KHS Montana Team for training. I love that there's still lots of enthusiasm for the old bikes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:33 am 
Dirt Disciple

PS - can someone tell me how to vote on this site? I'm too old to figure it out it seems........

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:29 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi,
Originally from Nottingham so grew up with Raleigh.
Had a striker with back pedal rear brake, the absolute best for skids.
Next a grifter, heavier than mates bmxs but gearing better on long runs.
Some racer after that with thin wheels that I wrecked in no time.
Saved up paper round money for first mountain bike, brand new Maverick from Halfrauds.
Upgraded to Activator II which was great in its day for entry level money.
Still got same activator, not been used for years, now sorting it for recreational use.
Might go for something newer and lighter if I get back into it.

D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:40 am 
Old School Hero

Hi.

Firstly An Apology. I have been lurking for some time and the posted a question about the groupset of my bike and received some very helpful responses. At that time I was certain I had posted a hello on this thread. Turns out I hadn't.

I Have a 97 Zaskar that I built up new in 1998 and have owned ever since. It's been laid up in a shed for a few years with very little use, so I decided to dig it out and start using it again. It started with fork servicing and then ended up in a full strip-down and rebuild, thanks to some of the advice offered here.

Best wishes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:04 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi all, been lurking for a day or two and decided to join up. Got an early 90's Kona which I have just dragged out of the garage and got up and running, gonna be adding pics shortly, will start a thread as I am looking for info on improving this old bike.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:46 pm 

Hi all,
Well, my first MTB was a Univega something or other back in 1993. I then bought a brand new Marin Bobcat Trail in 1995 and in 1998 traded that in for a Marin Eldridge Grade which I still have (in original condition bar the front tire which is from my '95 BT)

Anyway since about 2000 due to various reasons I stopped riding. Now getting back into it and bought myself a 2005 Specialized Hardrock Sport. Things have certainly changed since the days of Rob Warner and Missy Giove! There are way more frame choices now where it was pretty much XC or DH, SPDs don't seem as popular? and there's something called a dropper post I need to google :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 78  Next