Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:34 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 78  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 58%  58%  [ 114 ]
Link from a friend 13%  13%  [ 26 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Print media (mbr,privateer etc) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 16%  16%  [ 31 ]
Something else 11%  11%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 195
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:10 am 
Dirt Disciple

Good morning
This site is great. i have spent hours looking at it over the past few days. I want a retro dual suspension.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:44 pm 

Hi all,
To be honest I knew nothing about the retro bike scene until I arrived at this site looking for bottom bracket replacement ideas for my 1990 Kona Lava Dome (Yellow Splatter) that I've owned since new. Its been used on and off for the last 20+ years but less and less in recent years, and so with the weight now piling on in middle age its time to get it out again on a more regular basis.

I was thinking of upgrading various running gear, but having read some of the fascinating restoration projects on this site for the exact same bike I've decided to try to keep it as original as possible. I've just ebayed from the States a 2nd hand set of X-1 brake levers to replace one that was damaged when the kids dropped the bike last year, and now looking for a Avocet saddle to replace the current one that got part eaten by a horse :oops: some years back.

Richard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:54 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

So the horse has some taste.

It won't stop there..........

Welcome. They're a good bunch for bits and info.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:28 pm 

John wrote:
If you're new here welcome to the forum 8)

You can use this thread to introduce yourself. It's also good if you can let us know how you ended up here.

If you're interested in Road bikes or BMXs be sure to introduce yourself in these forums too :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:39 pm 

Sorry about the first post i shall blame it on my phone.

Evening all im Matthew and live in Jersey the Channel Islands. Im moving into a flat and want to know about my old Marin. I came across the Forum whilst searching through Google. The Marin has turqoise shadowing to the letters. The rest are missing off the frame but the forks have a turqoise star and have rock star 740G CR-MO on. The calipers have the turqoise on as does the seat post but newer seat. Everything else is origional to the bike. Fully crome. Needs respoking and tyres. Deore XT 24 speed. If anybody can tell me if its worth parting out, selling as a whole or just binning it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance. Matthew.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:03 pm 
Retro Guru

JerseyMatt wrote:
Sorry about the first post i shall blame it on my phone.

Evening all im Matthew and live in Jersey the Channel Islands. Im moving into a flat and want to know about my old Marin. I came across the Forum whilst searching through Google. The Marin has turqoise shadowing to the letters. The rest are missing off the frame but the forks have a turqoise star and have rock star 740G CR-MO on. The calipers have the turqoise on as does the seat post but newer seat. Everything else is origional to the bike. Fully crome. Needs respoking and tyres. Deore XT 24 speed. If anybody can tell me if its worth parting out, selling as a whole or just binning it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance. Matthew.

Hi and welcome Matthew... I wouldn't bin it just yet bud, it sounds like you have a 1995 Indian Fire Trail from your description. They appear from time to time on eBay but don't command crazy prices i'm afraid. Some of the equipment sold separately will make you a little more.

But if it's all too much hassle for you, maybe you could drop it at my mothers house in St Helier and i'll fix it up whilst on holiday :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:17 pm 

What a small world we live in. Thats very kind offer but i wont have the space to keep it once it was sorted out. If you would have any use for it I would like to see it going to a good home. If you send me the address I can drop it round when ever is best suited. Let me know if it would be of any use. Many thanks. Matthew.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:58 pm 
Retro Guru

Hi everyone!

I come from Vigo-Spain and I read this forum since.... can´t remember, so I decided to login and enjoy with all of you.

I am a GT fan, elevated stays bikes too, please forgive me for my english... :( :oops:

Cheers

PS. Edit. I am also a proud member of a spanish classic bikes forum (bicisclasicas.com), I know some of my friends are retrobike forum members too, so I salute all of you too! :wink:

Saudos!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:47 pm 

Hello All,

I've read bits and pieces on the site on and off for a while, but thought I'd better make the effort to join up properly.

I'm from Halifax and, being from Yorkshire, tend to run old kit untill it gives up the ghost and even then repair it rather than replace it.

In the garage there are a few retro bikes; GT Edge and Planet X Little Audrey road bikes along with a Pace RC200 F2 singlespeed, first incarnation Intense Tracer, a Whyte PRST1 and a Gary Fisher Aquila.

They all get ridden and the component age depends on whether and when anything broke. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:51 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Hi there been looking on this site for a few weeks now and love it

I've been into retro bikes for years as I used to race mtb's for leisure lakes and Bolton bikes in the early to mid 90's am now 34 yrs old and I just can't get my head round these new style mtb's so thanks for the great site guys.
I'm currently restoring a 94 diamondback axis and a 94. Diamondback bmx will be starting a tread soon cheers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 78  Next