Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:03 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 78  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 58%  58%  [ 114 ]
Link from a friend 13%  13%  [ 26 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Print media (mbr,privateer etc) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 16%  16%  [ 31 ]
Something else 11%  11%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 195
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:32 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Been in to MTB for 20 years plus, but after a few years off I am now just starting to rebuild some of my 'older' bikes and hoping to get some help and tips (possibly share some too).
So any experts on Claud butler (trying to work out a bottom bracket size) please let yourself be known.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:27 pm 

Mike D

your orange/amber bike you thought was a Haro "p13" is an Italian Benotto from the 80s.

cheers plum

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:06 am 

Hi I'm Paul this is my 1992 Raleigh Summit it's had a hard life but has served me well over the years. It's had a few parts replaced due to the original bits waring out. Let me know what you think?

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 107.31 KiB | Viewed 148 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:20 pm 

I'm Jason! I've been lurking here awhile, and I've wanted a rigid steel mtb for some time. One finally came up locally for a really good price! So now it has begun, and I figured I should sign up and introduce myself from over here in Canada!

I only started "seriously" biking last year, when a contract in a faraway land (California) left me without a vehicle for 5 months, and I decided to buy a bike and commute the 10km while I could take advantage of the lovely weather. Here I am back in Canada, and I haven't stopped!

Here's my new acquisition: 1991 Rockhopper, mostly original. The original owner had replaced the original seat, pedals(?), and the 36 and 46 biopace chainrings with unknown round ones.

Since buying and giving it a wipe-down, I changed the sticky deteriorating original foam grips for some cheap red ones, and the crappy black plastic pedals for cheap ATB-style metal ones. Also replaced some slightly-old Avocet Cross tires (skinwall!) with new Schalbe Rapid Robs.

I'm hoping to maybe get this bike up to better but period specs, with some Deore XT components. For now, I plan to (learn to) overhaul the hubs and bottom bracket, and figure out how to de-rust the insides of the frame a bit. Wish me luck!

Attachments:
SpecRockhopperBlack91.jpg
SpecRockhopperBlack91.jpg [ 182.66 KiB | Viewed 131 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:43 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hello everyone think I posted in the wrong place last time sorry but I'm here now :-)
I have a Gt RTS-2 had it from new still going strong even with a dent in the top tube yes I know gutted I bloody was but it happened its there it has memory's. not thinking of ever selling so it will stay just the way it is lol.
I have just started to build a Zaskar LE but using XT kit as very much on a budget, I have mag 21 for it and judy xc later ones 2000 I think hidrocoil doing them both up and make my mind up which ones to fit then or just chop and change :-). Both forks are having a new paint job as both tatty paint and decals going with yellow as to match the judy's on my RTS, be like brothers or sisters not wanting to be sexiest ;-). Anyway still lots to do on the Zaskar so hope to speak soon and gain advise and opinion. I will try to put some pics up.
Thanks Dave

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:54 am 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

Morning! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:00 am 
Dirt Disciple

Good morning :-)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:08 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

hi im ewan 36 from Airdire in scotland. ive been into mountain bikes for a few years iv been given a marin mount vision thats been in my wifes uncles coal hole for about 16 years. My everyday bike is a 2006 trek 4400

came across this site when i was looking for onza porcupines and again when looking for info on the marin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:19 am 

Hi guys,

Was a big on biking back in the 90's growing up and went to many a show at the NEC in Birmingham for the Bike shows. Recently started riding late last year and now I'm thinking I want to get back into riding a bit more.

Started off with a very heavy Giant back in the day, not even sure what model now it was that long ago, then I went through a few of the usual suspects before saving my weekend job wages enough to buy a Pashley 26Mhz (Ivory) as I was big on trials (not very good though lol) and I also loved being able to throw it around whenever possible on the odd trail, admittedly not many good ones but still.

I still have the Pashley and I'm thinking of refurbing it. I also have a GT Arrowhead (nothing special and very old now) and I have just today acquired a Kona Cinder Cone Race Light.

Anyway that's me....the names Aarron but most call me Ronnie, feel free to call me either.

Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:35 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi, I've just been google browsing as I have an old school (although not official retro per this site!) Scott Endorphin frame on the way to me and am looking for some info/advice on how to build it up etc as I'm a novice in this respect and out of touch with a lot of the new tech etc.

Anyway I have discovered it's Harry Burgundy's frame who looks like a long standing member on here and the pics I've seen are better than the Gumtree ones and are making me even more keen to get my hands on it.

Anyway I'm off to start a Endorphin specific thread to extract info from those wiser than I, I know how these forums work and have been on a car owners club for over a decade and so realise that my questions may have been asked over and over so I'll search as best I can beforehand.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 78  Next