Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:49 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 78  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 58%  58%  [ 114 ]
Link from a friend 13%  13%  [ 26 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Print media (mbr,privateer etc) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 16%  16%  [ 31 ]
Something else 11%  11%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 195
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:54 pm 
Dirt Disciple

posted a few times on here for while but can't remember if i'd introduced myself or not :D

my names al and i've always been into bikes and have worked in the cycle trade pretty much since i left school
i now own a bmx and cycle repair shop and one of my customers told me about this place when were in my workshop and he spotted some of my projects

i'm going to be losing half of my workshop soon, not so bad really i'm putting in a mini ramp :D
unfortunately i have no room at home so a lot of my retro builds have either been sold or are up for sale now.

i'll still be building new projects though, just means i'll have to sell them once they're done.
still i'd prefer that to selling some of the £100/£150 junk that passes for a bicycle these days :D

lava dome rescued from a skip :shock:
unfortunately seatpost was seized and alloy so soft it just tore off :shock:

parts from this went to build up this unloved specialized frame
still going strong and has been my neighbours bike for the last few years doing 40 miles a day!

rescued tequesta

another tip rescue :mrgreen: the guy that bought this didn't go for the white tyres though

gave this one to my father in law

used the white tyres when i built this for cruising round town in the summer

my kona i've owned from new pic taken a few years ago

i think i must be getting old as the bike i tend to use the most now is this one from the 1940's

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:03 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi, it's me. Currently with Trek OCLV, originally the lightest frame available when produced in the early '90's. Still riding well...!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:24 pm 
Dirt Disciple

So hi,
I'm jessica and I'm from the annoyingly flat Northampton.
I've been riding mtb for about 4-5 years now but have loved riding for years, i have a bit of a love of the old british frames that i remember wanting as i was growing up. mainly muddyfox, Ive got a 90's model of the courier i'm trying to either restore or get it ready to ride, not sure on this, what do you guys think :?:

Attachments:
20130427_165106.jpg
20130427_165106.jpg [ 130.15 KiB | Viewed 323 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:16 pm 

Hi,

Zog here from Yorkshire. I was into mtb in the late 80's, early 90's but more recently into touring with a Surly disc trucker.

Have a 93 Orange Clockwork I'm looking to get going again. Whenever I think about great rides, my mind goes back to that :))

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:55 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi all,

I've been kicking around here for a while, posted some stuff in the roadie section but not much over here. I got dragged kicking and screaming into cycling proper by my workmates, my old Raleigh Montage wasn't up to the same treatment as their Cube & Trek MTB's tho. I now have a fleet of Retro/mid-school stuff topped off by a 2005 Claud Butler Cape Wrath Disc with a few upgrades.

Cheers,

Steve

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:26 am 
Retro Guru

Hi everyone,

Intro time for me.

Been into push bikes various since I was big enough for one. Built and rebuilt lots of bikes in my teens, then started driving, and built and rebuilt cars more readily for a few years, then careers etc take over and before you know it you're mid 30's.

Always played with bikes throughout my life. Currently have a '95 Orange C16-R, a KHS, '91 Zaskar, '98 GT cruiser (big man bmx), a couple of road bikes....

Home for me is on the edge (literally) of Cannock Chase.

Other stuff.....
I have a dry sense of humour, and have been banned from some forums for this in the past. I try very hard to moderate myself on forums these days because of this history :wink: I like messing about with old VW's, retro stuff in general, history, engineering etc.

Hope to hang around and get to know some of you & have some fun doing so :D

Pad

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:28 pm 
Old School Hero

Hi I'm Ricky and I'm not afraid of getting wet..

Really, really WET..

I have a bunch of Retro bikes that I love, but I'm not a "period Nazi" so I focus more on performance, specially brakes since I'm big and chubby.

Maybe my fanciest Retro bike is a TI-WTB Phoenix that my wife rides..

Grow up in Colombia, got my first MTB is 1983 (Ross MT Hood) and have been riding ever since, in 1995 move to San Francisco and now we live in Salt Lake city Utah, on a big old house so I can keep my 30 bikes in style.

That is the view from one of mountains above the city (3100meters of elevation) on the inaugural ride of the first frame I ever made in 1988..

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:39 pm 
Dirt Disciple

My name is Tim, and I have a problem....

Thus far the site has proved to be a mine of useful and detailed information, and for that, I thank you.

I have mtn biked quite a bit in my 40's, owning amongst others a Lynsky built titanium 29er in 2008, a carbon fiber Merida in 2009, a Pace RC301 in 2007 and a couple of others too.

A torn lat' quad muscle (?) some 3yrs ago won't show its self on 2x MRI's and 2x Ultrasounds, and I am not sure the Drs can fix it anyhow, so I have switched to the road (an eBay Special Trek 1.2) with some success (in that I can still ride a little with a local club).

That said, I have now bought a 1999 Sunn Xcircuit. The geometry is very road bike-esque in that's a head down, butt-upp riding stance with it's limited 32mm of travel, it's AOK on the road too.

Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:05 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Hi guys i'm Ian ,,

I was trying to find info regarding my Pro Tec and couldn't seem to find any thing no matter what i googled so i decided to search out retro mtb and of course this wonderful site popped up and i was just blown away by all the positive attitude 8) , any way here's the stead that lead me here :) ,
I am a member of another bike site but their attitude to bikes over a certain age is rather negative to say the least and tbh i don't care about the other site any more as i feel like i've died and gone to bike heaven ..I think the bike is either a late 80's or early 90's but still searching for conformation :roll: ..

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:12 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Greetings from Canada! I've been mostly into vintage road bikes until recently I have desired a bike with some more versatility to ride some of the fantastic trails in my area. After some searching I came upon a cool vintage bike at the local police auction:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 78  Next