Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:52 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 78  Next

How did you find retrobike?
Google Search 58%  58%  [ 114 ]
Link from a friend 13%  13%  [ 26 ]
Social media (facebook, twitter, google+) 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Print media (mbr,privateer etc) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Another bike site 16%  16%  [ 31 ]
Something else 11%  11%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 195
 Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:01 am 
Devout Dirtbag

i have to say usually i get road bikes, but this time i found a mtb beauty
the parts were all at their places, i only added the saddle and the pedals
the bicycle it's a kuwahara mondia competition
equiped deore xt
i haven't find the exact catalog with it, only sau the '91 and '92 and it wasn't there

Attachments:
294025_505976082780184_2099191821_n.jpg
294025_505976082780184_2099191821_n.jpg [ 154.05 KiB | Viewed 783 times ]
393097_506010386110087_59240276_n.jpg
393097_506010386110087_59240276_n.jpg [ 94.6 KiB | Viewed 783 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:42 am 
Dirt Disciple

Long time lurker from Melbourne, Australia.

Started back in mid 90s with a Fisher Montare, then spent my whole savings to get a Super V1000 after the Fisher got stolen.
Still have all the back issues of MB and MBA and used to spend hours drooling over the double-page spreads from Cambriabike and BikeSource with all the bling bits.
Current inventory includes a 93 Klein Attitude HLF, 96 Super V2000 (dismantled), 3 GTs (2 Zaskars and Xizang), 2006 Fisher Ziggurat and a 2012 Look 920.

My pride and joy – 97 Xizang set up for fairweather crusing. :)

Just completed the Look, just needs sealant and I'm good to go...

Cheers,
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:49 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi, I've been a lurker on this site oogling Super V's! currently riding a rather non-retro Specialized Stumpy 2010 which i thoroughly enjoy, but i miss my old super v, so thought id join the action and you never know i might just get another Super V :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:32 am 
Devout Dirtbag

hello all. new round here.
Im jonathan from south wales
got a few bikes kicking round. mostly collectong dust in the shed now!
in my prime back (teenager years) in the mid to late 90's all my pocket money went towards them.
them I learn to drive and they remained in the shed.

anyway my biking started with my apollo bike I had for xmas back in 92. gift from my grandparents however unfortunately my grandfather died 2 weeks before seeing us have them.
the frame was very similar to a gt triple triangle design. deciding I didn't like standard sis gearing I slowly upgraded to 6 speed rapid fire shifters crank, derailers, wheels etc.
then stripped the bike and rattle can sprayed it and rebuild with all new parts. I then stuck some scott stickers on the down tube.
i rode the local b roads as much as I could but problem was it was too heavy. so decided to build a new one. I still have this bike in the shed.
ln 96 97 i started with an cheep ali frame and an lx groupset. its all I could afford at the time.
my mates at school started getting into trials riding so modified my bike to suit.
I then bought z2 bombers, and converted into a xc / jump fun play bike.
then went to uni and spend my loan getting another ali frame and parts to make a dedicated trials bike.
the cheepy ali frame cracked so decided to buy a decent frame, a dmr sidekick and matching forks.
while my mates developed trial skills I lacked the bike got rarely used still I somehow managed to break my freehub so left the bike in need of repair.
also while at uni got my xc bike nicked. gutted as it wasnt insured.
decided that id like to try my hand at using a road bike.
thats about it.
still got the road bike the old apollo bike and the dmr also picked up a carrera xc bike from a chap in work and now a schwinn frame and judys from onza100 to build a new xc bike.
have many photos most before digi cameras but heres the dmr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:22 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hello there.

I foud this forums trying to discover whis version of a Marzzochi Bomber fork I have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:49 pm 

'ello! My name is Vince, currently in Northern California, since 1993 Ive owned my Trek OCLV 9900 with Manutou 3 forks, my elastomers melted and I found this site while searching for parts. Used to ride alot back then, did a couple seasons of racing (XC), also owned a Haro Extreme Comp and Kona AA. Still kind of feels weird to hear that my bike is now 'vintage' or 'retro'!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:20 pm 

Lurked for a bit in here, but thought I'd post an introduction. Have owned the Moab below (sorry about the reflectors :oops: ) for the last 15 years or so - many of which it spent in the shed gathering dust (and losing it's decals!). Then the mountain biking bug bit about 6 months ago and bought something more up to date (the Cube). Will be looking to move the Moab on at some point soon so will post something with more detailed pics for opinions/valuations another time....

and now ride this (taken just after an off road blast)...

Post subject: c-dale delta v nut
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:52 pm 

Hi folks
New here just found your forum..
.Proud owner of a 1992 delta v 2000
. Altho not a purist. The bike was all original when I purchased it. I'm doing a few era correct upgrades. Lets face it "force 40" brakes where crap then and still are..LOL..I've managed to put together a complete set front and rear of Onza HO cantis..Control tec purple ti skewers and a set of spynegy rev roc wheels.. I had to rebuild the headshock, but it works great now.
She is kind of a pogo stick to ride...But real head turner on the local rail trails.
I will post pics and full stats as soon as possible
Any other Delta V nuts here??

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:12 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi,

I've already taken great pleasure from browsing the site - and thought it was high time I joined properly.

I like steel Marins, based on a great experience with my first MTB: a Marin Muirwoods.

I've recently bought a few 90s Marins on eBay - but have found the repair/restoration process a bit of a stop-start affair while I discover further tools to buy and further techniques to master.

I am in awe of the depth of expertise shown here - and some of the fabulous builds people have done - but hopefully I'll get a chance to give something back at some point.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:21 pm 
Retro Guru

Hi all,
Just a quick hello. Only just found out about this site, so now I have somewhere to unleash all my bikery geekiness
I'll get some pics up when I get round to it, and I look forward to being a part of the community and seeing you out on some rides.
Mart.

97 Klein Attitude Race, laced with old skool rarities
99 Whyte PRST-4 Recently acquired dream bike
Big box full of rare parts that I'll never use or sell...I just can't help myself!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 78  Next